Eröffnet am:29.09.07 00:25von: nekroAnzahl Beiträge:25.472
Neuester Beitrag:20.09.24 16:55von: Fuchsbau24Leser gesamt:5.662.447
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:1.587
Bewertet mit:

Seite: < 1 | ... | 86 | 87 | 88 |
| 90 | 91 | 92 | ... 979  >  

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroBCL seeks access to review mine site at Panguna

21.04.09 08:26
BOUGAINVILLE Copper Limited (BCL) needs access to the mine site to undertake a review of environment and safety needs.
It also needs to assess conditions of company assets and whether assumptions made in the order of magnitude study about site conditions were justified.
“We have not pushed the issue. We will not push the issue until invited, but we do need access to the mine site,” BCL’s chairman Peter Taylor said during yesterday’s 42nd annual general meeting in Port Moresby.
He said BCL also needed to engage with landowners and Government on future benefit sharing negotiations for the mine, which was deemed economically viable, also needing realistic tax and compensation regime.
“It is recognised on all sides that peace and good order are prerequisites to any return of company representatives or contractors to conduct safety and environment audits and rehabilitation programmes which will in themselves provide early economic and social benefits to landowners and the wider population,” he said.
“Issues of importance between the national and Bougainville governments include the drawdown of mining powers to Bougainville, the re-negotiation of the Bougainville Copper Agreement and the World Bank capacity building programme.
“The company suggests all these issues should be given impetus to provide Bougainville with the opportunity to benefit from a resumption of activity leading to full scale mining,” he said.
The mine re-open plan has been drawn from assumptions which Mr Taylor emphasised that the study was not a substitute for the detailed bankable feasibility study that would be needed to support redevelopment.
“It is not intended to undertake that additional and costly work until landowners and Government clearly support mine redevelopment that is profitable.”

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroWEAPONS disposal and reconciliations...........

21.04.09 08:28
..........among different landowner factions are two major issues holding up discussions on the future of active mining in Panguna.

Another issue of illegal settlements in and around the special mining lease area is also becoming a major concern for the Panguna landowners who are also keen on seeing active mining return to Panguna.

Autonomous Bougainville Government Minister for Natural Resources and also Member of the Bougainville House of Representatives for Ioro Dr Benedict Pisi told Panguna landowners that weapons disposal and reconciliation are two main issues for “all of us to settle before we can talk about mining in Panguna”.

While landowners have been holding numerous discussions regarding weapons disposal and reconciliations, the failure has been on the part of the Central Bougainville MP in Papua New Guinea Parliament Jimmy Miringtoro who has continued to promise them funding and to date no funding has been made available to them.

The funding culture promised has also delayed what would have been otherwise a step in the right direction for the landowners to reconcile using traditional means of forgive and forgetting.  

The ABG is now taking a proactive role in consulting landowners on regular basis which is giving hope to the landowners that weapons disposal ad reconciliations may proceed where the Bougainville Crisis started (in Panguna) and move onto other districts of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville.

To many people, even non-landowners of Panguna mine, the mine hold a huge potential for Bougainville to revive it economically and create employment opportunities for the young men and women of Bougainville who are roaming around aimlessly causing more problems for their parents.

ABG Minister for Business and Consumer Affairs Joseph Affairs said Bougainville goes to the polls next year and every Member of the Bougainville House of Representatives has to justify their re-election into Parliament.

“If we have made some tough decisions to move Bougainville forward economically, then the people will see for themselves and judge our performance in the last five years, otherwise many of us will not make a comeback next year,” he said.

“We declared 2008 to be year of weapons disposal and reconciliations, but to date I have not seen any guns coming out of the villages.

“The landowners of Panguna should also be given a special treatment so that once they reconcile among themselves, we can start talking about active mining in Panguna.”

382 Postings, 6340 Tage centwatchMan kann´s auch so sehen....

21.04.09 08:41
....es mag zwar auf den ersten Blick enttäuschend wirken, dass man jetzt noch über Entwaffnung/Versöhnungsfeiern spricht, deren erfolgreicher Abschluß Voraussetzung für Minenbesichtigung etc. ist.  Auf der anderen Seite heißt dies auch nichts anderes, als dass die Politik die Ampeln bereits offiziell auf "Grün" gestellt hat und nun mehr oder weniger das Schicksal in die Hände der Bevölkerung/Landowner legt. Irgendwo habe ich gelesen, dass man Juni für die Versöhnung/Entwaffnung/Wahl Landowner avisiert. Das würde wunderbar zum nächsten JSB Meeting passen :-)

Ist Tanis bereits von seinem China-Trip zurück und hat er schon etzwas erzählt hierzu?  

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroChinese President meets Papua New Guinea's PM

21.04.09 11:29

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroRecent Comments

22.04.09 10:45
http://bougainville.typepad.com/newdawn/2009/04/...-reconstitute.html

K 11,221,000,000.00 FOR MINING IN PANGUNA !
BCL boss promises new jobs for ex-combattants!

Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) wants to invest the giant amount of more than 11 billion Kina into the abandonned Panguna Copper Mine, said BCL Chairman Peter Taylor on Monday on the Company's Annual General Meeting in Port Moresby! He plans to create 2,500 new jobs on the ground. In other words: There also will be approximately a minimum 10,000 jobs in small businesses in and around Central Bougainville! The European Shareholders of BCL (ESBC) asked Mr Taylor if he also intends to employ former freedom fighters in order to prevent possible dissatisfaction. He outlined: "This will hopefully include ex-combatants and others." Who wants to find out more about BCL's planning and who is interested as well in Taylors's answers to the 32 questions that the ESBC put him, can read all the documents here: http://bougainville-copper.eu/pageID_7060841.html Mr Taylor also faces the environmental problems due to the uncontrolled closure of the mine twenty years ago. He said: "Access to the site is required before an assessment of the safety and environmental issues can be made. The company will work with the ABG and the landowners addressing environmental concerns." That sounds good!

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroScrap metal boom hits Bougainville

23.04.09 04:15
Als Vorläufer des "Miningbooms" ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

SCRAP metal business is now really booming for the scrap metal industry and Bougainville is no exception. A scrap metal heaven can be found there from Panguna all the way down to Loloho where the big wharf used to be. Ex-combatants are mostly are engaged in this scrap metal operation in Loloho.The metal there will then be shipped to Noro island in the Solomon Islands and then overseas. Pictured here are some metal pipes ready to be shipped.
WORDS and PICTURE:
PETERSON TSERAHA

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroBCL: Panguna still has mine life of 17 years

23.04.09 09:24
.....und das schon profitabel ab einem Kupferpreis von 1.5 USD/lb und einem Goldpreis von 655 USD/once

BOUGAINVILLE Copper Limited (BCL) order of magnitude study indicated that to optimise returns at the Panguna copper mine in the autonomous region of Bougainville, a 50 million tonnes of ore of processing rate was needed.
This rate is similar to the rate prior to mine’s suspension.
“The resource used for this study will support a mine life of approximately 17 years.
“The capital cost is high at US$3.8 billion (K11.2 billion) but it has been assumed that most mine site facilities will need to be replaced,” BCL’s chairman Peter Taylor said on Monday during BCL’s AGM in Port Moresby.
He said the order of magnitude study supported economic mining and the potential for all on Bougainville to benefit from the economic activity it would generate, including local businesses, create direct and indirect employment and improving infrastructure and services.
“The project is also very dependent on a copper price in the range from US$1.50 (K4.41) to US$2.00 (K5.88) lb and gold at US$655  (K1.926 billion) to 800 US$ ounce.
“With these prices grades of 0.33% copper and 0.37 grams per tonne gold are feasible. At these grades the resource exceeds one billion tonnes.”

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroB"ville mining office to get K3m

23.04.09 09:25
Deputy Prime Minister Dr Puka Temu said the National Government will assist the Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG) establish a mining office on Bougainville. He said assessment on the structure and cost of the office had been done, and the Government had made funds available under this year’s national budget. He said the Government would be giving between K3 million and K5 million to fund the office to work with ABG’s executive team.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroPeople of Panguna wants mine to reopen

23.04.09 09:34
PNG Miningminister Puka Temu bezeichnet die Pangunamine als Panguna Gold Mine.

Sehr gut erkannt,das wird sie für die BCL Aktionäre auch werden ;-)))))

DEPUTY Prime Minister and Minister for Mines, Lands and Physical Planning Dr Puka Temu says the landowners of the Panguna gold mine on the autonomous region of Bougainville have signalled that they are now ready to begin negotiations to reopen the mine. Dr Temu also emphasised that priority in any discussions to reopen the mine must be the landowners, especially on discussions relating to the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA).
“The Bougainville crisis was a lesson for all of us and so the landowners must be the top priority.”
He said consent must be sought from the landowners on BCA to see the best way for them to benefit.
He said the landowners also wanted Bougainville Copper Ltd to return to reopen the mine.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroSkinner spruiks Chinalco bid

23.04.09 10:54
http://www.miningnews.net/storyview.asp?storyid=1026150

CHINALCO’S proposed $US19.5 billion ($A27 billion) deal with Rio Tinto provides the best solution to the major miner’s financing woes, shareholders at Rio’s annual general meeting heard today.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroWenn jetzt noch wie schon angekündigt............

23.04.09 20:02
........James Tanis die Entwaffnung hinbekommt,
........Die Landeigner ihren Vertreter gewählt haben,
........Die Meekamuis die Roadblocks aufheben,
........PNG die BCL Shares an Bougainville überträgt
........Das ABG die Einladung an BOC bekräftigt
........BCL die Pangunamine besichtigt
........Ein neues BCA ausgehandelt ist
........dann wären alle Hindernisse beseitigt ;-)))))))))))))))))))

1528 Postings, 6340 Tage CCLSCJetzt ...

24.04.09 09:39
... verdirbst du mir am frühen Morgen aber die Laune, nekro. All diese "Ifs" zu lesen tut doch weh, auch wenn man diese immer im Hinterkopf hat. Aber 7 "Wenn ..." in einer Aufzählung ist optische Folter. ;)

Schönes Wochenende in die Runde....  

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekro....a good place to invest money.

24.04.09 10:43
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2288752/

Apr 22, 2009 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) -- BOCOY | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- It would take at least four years for mining to resume at the now abandoned Panguna mine on Bougainville, says Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL), reports Post Courier.

However, there would be substantial benefits for the people well before that if a general consensus favoured mining to resume, the BCL annual general meeting was told this week.

The company said that given the global economic downturn, Bougainville and PNG could find an easier passage if issues such as the drawdown of mining powers and re-negotiation of the Bougainville copper agreement resolved.

An order of magnitude study recently completed by BCL showed that there was potentially more copper and gold still to be mined at Panguna than had previously been produced, and that a resumption of operations could have a mine life of 17 years or more, on re-stated terms of viability and benefit sharing.

Before mining could resume, studies on audit safety, environment and existing assets would be needed to support a bankable feasibility proposal. The surveys would generate early economic activity in the region.

BCL chairman Peter Taylor said no further commitment to feasibility studies could be made until a general consensus in favour of mining was achieved.

He said the company was ready to return to the island to make safety and environmental checks.

The engagement with landowners and the Government was frequent and positive.

Relations between all parties continue to improve. It is encouraging that support for mine redevelopment is on the increase, Mr Taylor said.

He said that restoration of peace and good order was an essential pre-requisite to any on-ground studies, and would also give the company the opportunity to present Bougainville to the global community as a good place to invest money. Access to Bougainville by BCL staff and contractors had not been possible at any time since the forced closure of the mine in 1990, but it was understood that Bougaiville president James Tanis would like to see this happen.

The order of magnitude study revealed that mining of the known remaining resource on Bougainville would be most efficiently done at a mining rate of 50 million tonnes per year about the same size as the previous operation, and that this would entail an investment of $US3.8 billion.

Mr Taylor said presumptions of viability were based on robust metal prices in the future.

In its previous operating phase, from 1972 to 1990, the Panguna mine was one of the largest of its kind in the world, producing about 3 million tonnes of copper and 9 million ounces of gold.

Seven additional exploration tenements held by BCL close to Panguna offered additional potential for continued mining.

For full details for BOCOY click here.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroLawrence Daveona on Panguna landowners agree.....

24.04.09 18:16
........to reconcile

http://bougainville.typepad.com/newdawn/2009/04/...-reconstitute.html

Aloysius,

This is great. Keep it up. Full support.

Ljd

Posted by: Lawrence Daveona | 24 April 2009 at 11:20 AM

@CCSLC

Geduld,wenn alle diese Punkte abgearbeitet sind sollten wir ja auch die 5 sehen,und wennmöglich VOR dem Komma ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroSupport for members of the House

26.04.09 09:33
http://www.caymannetnews.com/news-15033--1-1---.html

Published on Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new support programme to assist developing Parliaments has been established by the Executive Committee of the Commonwealth’s oldest organization, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA).

The programme, set by the committee at its meeting from 13 to 18 April in Hamilton, Bermuda, will provide more than £100,000 in seed funding to assist developing Parliaments to improve services and train Parliamentarians and staff to strengthen democracy. The Association will actively encourage major international businesses to provide funds for parliamentary development projects to augment CPA support.

The committee, composed of 35 Members representing the Commonwealth’s more than 175 Parliaments and Legislatures, launched the new programme to offer direct support to parliamentary development projects such as: providing technical assistance to the Bougainville House of Representatives, financing a staff organizational review for the Parliament of Namibia and supporting the Parliaments of Saint Lucia, Zanzibar and Nigeria’s Kwara state in making improvements to their research services.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroI am writing in relation to the European Share...

27.04.09 06:39
............holders of Bougainville Copper.

I have read your recent comments on the website of New Dawn FM and thank you for them. It seems Bougainville’s prospects are looking up and that there is now wide commitment in the Province to reconciliation and development.

.........because of a historical association with Bougainville (I ran the broadcasting station at Kieta for three years in the early 1970s), I assisted with the establishment of New Dawn FM and, together with its manager, Aloysius Laukai, publish the affiliated website, New Dawn On Bougainville.

The purpose of this email is to offer the services of my company, to the European shareholders of BCL in the challenging task of re-opening the Panguna mine under the auspices of BCL.

We believe our extensive media and political relationships in Papua New Guinea and Australia, together with considerable experience working with the mining industry,  effectively equips us to assist the European shareholders to reinforce and advance the desirable prospect of BCL being able to reopen the mine.

Our information from Bougainville, and you are probably aware of this, is that there are two or three companies other than BCL, including one based in China and another, I think, in Russia, that are interested in gaining approval from the Autonomous Bougainville Government to restart the mine.

Clearly, in such a competitive environment it is desirable for BCL to be constantly reinforcing to stakeholders both its credentials for this role and the strength and goodwill it would bring to the task.

Given our contacts in Australia and Papua New Guinea, as well as on Bougainville, we believe – if you require media and government relations support in this part of the world – that we could be helpful to shareholders in their campaign to reinstate BCL as the leading player in minerals development in the Bougainville Autonomous Province.

Get in touch with me if you are interested or require more information

Kommentare????????????  ;-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

103 Postings, 6340 Tage DonnBedingungen??

27.04.09 16:24
Gibt es Bedingungen?? Sonst ja mal los, schauen wir mal...

Gruß
Donn  

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroKlar gibt es Bedingungen...........

27.04.09 16:54
..........finanzielle ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

382 Postings, 6340 Tage centwatchDie sollen sich lieber an BOC wenden....

27.04.09 16:59
.....ausserdem sehe ich nicht ein, warum wir dafür zahlen sollten. Wenn die Landowners wählen, feiern und beim JSB die Einladung zur Minenbesichtigung rauskommt, beginnt der Kurs auch alleine zu laufen....  

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroEinen Versuch war es ja wert,............

27.04.09 17:47
..............auch wenn die Aussage............Our information from Bougainville, and you are probably aware of this, is that there are two or three companies other than BCL, including one based in China and another, I think, in Russia, that are interested in gaining approval from the Autonomous Bougainville Government to restart the mine.

von keiner Sachkenntnis getrübt ist ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fakt ist dass mehrere Companys Interesse an Lizenzen auf Bougainville haben.Jedoch wurde bei dem Invincible Deal die Pangunamine davon explizit ausgenommen.In dem Friedensvertrag zwischen PNG u. Bougainville steht zudem der Passus dass alle von PNG ausgehandelten Verträge einzuhalten sind ;-)))))))))))))

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroChina erhöht Goldreserven auf 1.054 Tonnen

27.04.09 19:56
BOC hat auch noch einige oz ;-))))

http://rohstoffe.wallstreet-online.de/nachrichten/...cht/2723123.html

Am vergangenen Freitag bestätigte die chinesische Regierung Spekulationen, die schon seit langem am Markt sind: Wie Offizielle mitteilten hat das Reich der Mitte seine Goldreserven seit 2003 um fast zwei Drittel (600 Tonnen) auf jetzt 1.054 Tonnen erhöht. Damals (2003) hatten die Chinesen zuletzt aktuelle Zahlen zu den Goldreserven des Landes bekannt gegeben.

Spekulationen, dass China seit Jahren Gold kaufe, gab es am Markt schon seit Jahren. Mit Beginn der Finanz- und Wirtschaftskrise sowie auf Grund der Dollarschwäche – China hält immer noch enorme Devisenreserven in Dollar – hatten sie sich noch intensiviert. Nun sind die chinesischen Goldreserven die fünftgrößten der Welt, und nur sechs andere Länder halten ebenfalls mehr als 1.000 Tonnen.

Und: Diese Entwicklung könnte nur der Beginn eines neuen Trends sein. Schon sind Stimmen in China zu hören, die empfehlen, dass das Land seine Goldreserven noch deutlich ausbauen sollte. Zum einen wegen der Dollarschwäche und der noch andauernden Krise, zum anderen aber auch auf Grund des neuen Status den China mittlerweile in der internationalen Staatengemeinschaft einnimmt. Hou Huimin, Vizegeneralsekretär der China Gold Association, sagte laut des Branchendienstes Mining Weekly sogar, China solle seine Reserven auf 5.000 Tonnen ausbauen.

Interessant wird zu beobachten sein, ob andere, vor allem asiatische Länder Chinas Beispiel folgen werden. Die Europäische Zentralbank jedenfalls empfiehlt ihren Mitgliedsbanken 15 Prozent ihrer Reserven in Gold zu halten, aber unter den asiatischen Ländern ist diese Quote nach Aussage von Brancheninsidern – noch – wesentlich niedriger.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroTechnical school planned for B"ville

28.04.09 06:25
http://www.thenational.com.pg/042809/ween_islands.php

.........the school will be established on 200 acres of land at Mananau near Panguna,also dort wo demnächst auch das meiste technische Personal gebraucht wird ;-))))))))))))

BOUGAINVILLE will be starting a technical school similar to the OISCA set up in East New Britain, Economic Services Minister in the Autonomous Bougainville Government, Dominic Itta, said in Rabaul last week.
According to Mr Itta, the ABG started work on the school two years ago with land acquisition and this year the first two buildings have been completed.
He said teachers for the OISCA School have been identified and would move into the area once an agreement with OISCA and the ABG was finalised.
The minister and his team also met with OISCA’s board chairman, Sinai Brown, last Thursday to discuss ways these two schools could work together.
The National understands the school will be established on 200 acres of land at Mananau near Panguna.

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroVersöhnungskonferenz auf den Salomoneninseln

28.04.09 19:20
Speakers will also come from neighbouring Bougainville....

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/...7,25401194-2703,00.html

Solomon Islands gets Desmond Tutu truth help

Rowan Callick, Asia-Pacific editor | April 29, 2009
Article from:  The Australian
ARCHBISHOP Desmond Tutu has flown to the Solomon Islands to launch a Truth and Reconciliation Commission, modelled on the body he chaired in South Africa after the apartheid regime fell.

The Solomon Islands collapsed into chaos and violence from 1997 to 2003, chiefly as a result of conflict between gangs from the islands of Malaita and Guadalcanal. More than 100 people were killed and 20,000 displaced in the fighting.

The Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands, led by Australia, then intervened, at the invitation of the fraught Solomons government. Australia is paying $500,000 towards the cost of the new commission.

Archbishop Tutu, 77, will launch the commission today in front of thousands at the Lawson Tama stadium.

The Nobel Peace prize winner will speak at a conference named Winds of Change, which will bring together former fighters from Malaita and Guadalcanal, the latter being the island of the capital, Honiara.

Speakers will also come from neighbouring Bougainville, where a fierce civil war raged in Papua New Guinea, and from other countries.

The names of the five Truth and Reconciliation commissioners were announced on Monday by Prime Minister Derek Sikua. The selection committee, chaired by Chief Justice Albert Palmer, chose three Solomon Islanders and two from overseas.

12846 Postings, 6467 Tage d007007007Wie lange willst Du hier noch den Kurs hochreden?

28.04.09 21:17
Ist doch so und so keine Chance für eine nachhaltigen Kursanstieg gegeben. Was ist hier möglich? Nochmal 5%?? da kann ich ich mein Geld ja gleich auf das Sparbuch legen. Nekro kümmere Du Dich um Deine Aktien und lasse es andere user mit ihren tun. Es gibt viele User die sind gar nicht gut auf Dich und Deine ständigen Stichelleien zu sprechen...!! Glaube es mir und ändere Dein Verhalten sonst folgt auf jedes Post. von Dir eine Antwort, so wie Du es schon seit Monaten mit anderen Useren treibst obwohl Du gar nicht weist um was für eine Aktie es sich handelt..!!

15640 Postings, 6344 Tage nekroBei einer Marketcap von 300 Mio AUD......

28.04.09 21:27
.........wird der Kurs nicht auf ariva gemacht (im Gegensatz zu deinen schweizer 50000 CHF Klitschen ;-)))

Seite: < 1 | ... | 86 | 87 | 88 |
| 90 | 91 | 92 | ... 979  >  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben