Forum:Börse Leser heute:1
Bewertet mit:

525 Postings, 7267 Tage FlorianPascaleInvestment Outlook

05.10.04 18:09
Investment Outlook
Bill Gross  | October 2004
Haute Con Job
hxxp://www.pimco.com/LeftNav/Late+Breaking+Commentary/IO/2004/IO_Oct_2004.htm

Fashion models are gorgeous. Fashion models are thin and desirable. Fashion models wear the clothes that every woman will wear next year. Fashion models…agh, enough already. How about haute fashion is one big con and the models are the carnival barkers, swishing down that runway, body language shouting, “be a winnah, be like me!” Except no one can. The ladies with figures that can fit into a Jeffrey Chow creation are all 18-23 years old and can’t afford to buy them. And the women with some bucks have had a baby or two or better yet a meal or two in their 30+ years and can’t fit into ‘em. Still the charade goes on, fall season after spring season after fall season as if something very important was happening here. Writers for the NY Times speak of the new ’05 fashion season “entering Phase 3 of its post 9/11 life (displaying) the contrived simplicity of ethnic orientation.” Say what? I thought we were talking about a dress here, not some editorial on the cultural ramifications of 21st century geopolitics.

mehr:

siehe o.a. Link

My sense is that the CPI is really 1% higher than official figures and that real GDP is 1% less.  

Antwort einfügen - nach oben