Neuester Beitrag:20.09.24 16:55von: Fuchsbau24Leser gesamt:5.679.146
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:260
Bewertet mit:

Seite: < 1 | ... | 155 | 156 |
| 158 | 159 | ... 979  >  

11664 Postings, 6347 Tage 1ALPHARichtig,

12.07.10 09:28
Bougainville hat das sehr viel größere PNG vor der Minenschließung finanziert :

Präsident John Momis : "...Australia has realised that Bougainville made a big contribution and held PNG for many years before the crisis..."  

11664 Postings, 6347 Tage 1ALPHAZur Analyse

12.07.10 09:42
http://isi.fraunhofer.de/isi/publ/download/...ukunftstechnologien.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/...s/files/docs/report_en.pdf

http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/mcs/

http://europa.eu/rapid/...sesAction.do?reference=MEMO/10/263&form

http://www.bgr.bund.de/cln_116/DE/Home/homepage__node.html?__nnn=true

@nekro :  die hier beschriebenen Möglichkeiten könnten auch für BOC gelten, falls neben Kupfer, Gold, Silber noch weitere Nebenmetalle in den 8 BOC Bergwerkslizenzen liegen.
Frage : Hast du Informationen, ob das Eine oder Andere Metall der hier Aufgeführten auch in Bougainville liegen ?  Da das BOC Erzvorkommen wahrscheinlich vulkanischen Ursprungs ist, wäre das möglich.  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekro@Alpha

12.07.10 11:06
Bei der Pangunamine handelt es sich um eine sog. Caldera

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldera_(Krater)

Aus Panguna Porphyry Copper Deposit,Bougainville

"The ore contains small amounts of molybdenite in veins.At present molybdenite is not being separated from the copper concentrate,but its rhenium content may make a separation economical in the future"

Weitere Literatur dazu findest du unter http://www.portergeo.com.au/literature

Die Lieferung erfolgt per Faxcopy,alle Originale zu Bougainville sind seit längerem ausverkauft. (Porter war übrigens Chefgeologe von CRA auf B' ville ;-))))  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekro#3897

12.07.10 12:52
"One of the earlier problems was to identify each individual in the 6
landowner groups."

Bei den jetzt anstehenden Wahlen zum "Landownersbody" ging es zuerst darum zu klären wer überhaupt ein "Landowner" ist, bzw.  welcher der 6 Gruppierungen er zuzuordnen ist. Bei den teils verwirrenden verwandschaftlichen Beziehungen scheint das garnicht so einfach zu sein ;-)))))

Bei einer voraussichtlichen Lebensdauer der Pangunamine von noch ca. 30 Jahren u. angenommenen Royaltys von 3% für die Landowners geht es hier immerhin um die Verteilung eines Kuchens von rd. 3 Milliarden USD (zu heutigen Rohstoffpreisen)  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekroNo mention of plans for Bougainville here,

12.07.10 14:54
but the presentation provides an idea of Rio Tinto's aspirations.

08 July 2010

Mining issues, a global view

Speaker: Tom Albanese, chief executive officer

Introduction

Thank you for your kind introduction. It is a privilege to be addressing the Melbourne Mining Club here at Lord's.

As an American, running a company with a strong presence in the two great cricketing nations of England and Australia, I hope you will forgive me for not daring to give you any personal insights into the complex game of cricket.  

With a lexicon including terms such as 'silly mid off'; 'googly; 'fine leg'; and 'ball tampering' - I think I'd better stick to the language of mining.

What I want to talk about this evening is a different kind of international contest, the face-off between challenge and opportunity in the global mining industry.

I will start in the present and touch on some of the topical issues of the day including the Mineral Resource Rent Tax. Then I'll move beyond Rio Tinto's solid Anglo Australian roots and look outwards to the wider world and the global economy; and then cover what a rapidly changing socio-economic landscape means for our industry.

Our current position

So let me start with where we are today and give you a quick update on Rio Tinto and our current position.

At the beginning of the year I said we had seen a recovery from the depth of the global financial crisis but that we could expect more volatility in the global economy.  And that's exactly what we are experiencing today.

The year started strongly but we have seen weaker markets over the past couple of months and nervousness about a possible double-dip recession in OECD countries and concerns about China.

However, for the metals imported by China, demand has kept prices well above historical averages.

While we remain cautious on the outlook, 2010 is shaping up well from Rio Tinto's perspective.  In the first quarter of this year, most of our operations continued to run flat out and we will update the market next week on our second quarter performance.  

As I have said over the last few months, growth is firmly back on the agenda in 2010.  And if it hadn't been for the Resource Tax we would have had more to talk about on that front.  Inevitably, some of our projects got caught up in the uncertainty.  I will cover this in more detail later on.

We have a large range of options for expansion and investment, all vying for capital.  These include a number of organic growth opportunities together with other opportunities.

This year we have announced new capital funding for iron ore expansion in Canada and a new nickel mine in the US.  We also have attractive iron ore projects in Australia and Guinea, and copper in Mongolia.  We also have scope for targeted investment in aluminium and alumina. Overall, our approval agenda is full.

In addition, we kept our exploration running through the tough times and we are well positioned now to ramp up activities.

Those options have been hard-won and that is why I'm going to make sure that Rio Tinto maintains a disciplined approach to capital spending with a rigorous process to prioritising projects.

That brings us neatly on to Australia and how we are looking at our growth options, compared to other countries following the debate around mining taxation.

Taxation issues

As you know, the original May proposal for a Super Tax caused a furious national debate in Australia. Rio Tinto and the broader industry chose to take a robust stance in the interests of our shareholders, the Australian economy, and to maintain the investment climate in Australia.

We have been encouraged by the Government's constructive engagement over the last couple of weeks.

Following this dialogue, last Friday the Government announced that the Super Tax proposal of May will be replaced by a Minerals Resource Rent Tax or MRRT.  This is clearly an improvement on the Super Tax, through we remain somewhat cautious.

Our concerns with the original Super Tax centred on 'retrospective application' and implications for sovereign risk as well as the competitiveness of Australian mining.  We have done the best we could to ensure these core principles were addressed in the new MRRT.

We now have further opportunity to work constructively with the Government to ensure that the tax system continues to encourage investment in Australia. But there is still much work to be done to finalise the details, and this will remain high on my personal agenda.

Some have queried why the MRRT is not comparable to the Petroleum Resource Rent Tax in place for the oil sector in Australia.

The mining and oil and gas industries have many different characteristics, including ownership and marketing arrangements that tend to de-risk oil & gas investments; cost and demand structures that favour oil and gas profitability; and the probability of lower investment hurdle rates for oil and gas.

Any taxation policy must take into account international competitiveness. Excessively high tax rates erode the incentive to invest and encourage capital flows to shift to more attractive tax jurisdictions.

In the original proposal, the Super Tax, was clearly not internationally competitive. It left the Australian mining sector by far the highest taxed mining industry in the world.

The original Super Tax proposal was even more out of step with global taxation benchmarks for the mining industry.

A KPMG study of international taxation arrangements released last month confirmed petroleum is almost always taxed at higher rates than mineral resources.

Based on international benchmarks, a headline tax rate of 40 per cent is competitive for oil in Australia, but not for the mining industry.

Compared to the Super Tax, the MRRT goes a long way towards addressing concerns about international competitiveness but it is important to note that the Government's new proposal, as it stands, still would leave Australia at the high end of the global taxation scale for the commodities of coal and iron ore.

So, what does this mean for our capital spending in Australia? Following the announcement of the proposed Super Tax in May, every project review drastically slowed as we analysed the potential worst-case impacts.

This week, I have now asked my team to review projects against this more positive backdrop. As I've said, I do want to invest in Australia and recent events remove the great uncertainty which had been holding us back.  And I am keen to get projects moving again.

But of course our Australian projects will always have to compete for capital with our other investment opportunities across the globe.

Resource nationalism

Before I leave this topic, I want to touch on the risk of the Australian approach being considered by other jurisdictions.   I would advise policy makers to think carefully about country specific factors at play; the impact of decisions on international competitiveness; and appropriate compensation for the risks assumed.

Other considerations include the balance between the host countries' need to attract investment capital, and the desire to share in the fruits of the investment.

Whether these tax concepts will spread elsewhere, especially in developing countries, will depend on the particular circumstances of the investment opportunity.

While it maybe appropriate in Australia it may not necessarily suit a developing country. An emerging economy might see greater advantage in levying production royalties that provide an earlier and more stable revenue stream, in contrast to a resource profits or rent tax.

Policymakers around the world can learn a lesson when considering a new tax to plug a revenue gap, or play to local politics.  And that's  the importance of fully considering the broader economic consequences and continued investment impacts.  Such decisions must be made taking in a wide range of views, in a spirit of consultation and engagement.

Ivory towers without windows don't work.

I would like to close this section by dispelling the myth that resources are finite, a notion some policymakers sometimes like to promote.

Resources will only become finite if limits are placed on exploration because a country has suddenly become less attractive for investment.

This demonstrates that to hold back investment in exploration by reducing expenditure will slow a mining economy. Similarly, if the return on capital is better elsewhere there will be a relative dearth of capital to maintain growth.

Conversely, mining projects take on a longer life, and are more expandable if capital is available. Think how construction of one iron ore mine, Tom Price, and its attendant transport infrastructure, formed the basis, back in the 1960s, not only of Rio Tinto's vast and profitable business in the Pilbara, but laid the foundations for other entrepreneurs to contribute to the local economy.

Global outlook

I would like to shift perspective now and concentrate on the issues facing the industry over the longer term.

Let's start with the short term horizon. The International Monetary Fund predicts global growth of nearly 4.6 per cent this year, falling to 4.3 per cent in 2011, with Chinese GDP expected to grow at 10.5 per cent this year and 9.6 per cent in 2011.  Growth at these levels would have positive implication for metals and minerals markets. As I said earlier, it is clear that economic conditions on a global scale remain volatile.

Asian countries are contending with inflationary risks arising from substantial stimulus packages that were put in place last year.  In particular, China's efforts to prevent overheating will have some negative effects on our markets.

At the same time, the recent sovereign debt crisis in Europe and its potential for contagion into financial markets around the world illustrates the imbalance and risk of ongoing disruption to global economic activity.

Looking beyond the near term to 2015, I believe two key themes will dominate the global economic environment. First, I'm sure you all know that prospects remain strong for increasing prosperity in developing countries such as China and India.  This is the engine of  industrialisation and urbanisation which drives robust commodity demand growth.

Second, it is clear that substantial economic imbalances do persist in both developed and developing countries and these will need to be resolved.  In particular, developed countries will be under pressure to reduce public and private debt while China is expected to begin a move toward reduced dependence on exports and investment in order to fuel economic growth.

This combination of factors suggests a higher than average growth setting for our markets. But it will be characterised by elevated volatility and scope for discontinuities - making a pattern we call the 'saw-tooth' economy.

Our strategic focus on large, long-life, low-cost assets - those that remain profitable through all parts of the economic cycle - will serve us well in an increasingly volatile world.

Looking out even further, I believe there will be a continued shift of wealth and economic power from west to east.  All this brings particular challenges and opportunities for the mining sector.  Access to resources occupies an increasingly strategic position in the thinking of governments and other external stakeholders.

We must be prepared to confront issues I've discussed already, such as the perception that resource rents are not being properly shared.  We must also consider how we will deal with developing countries' pressure to access resources, as their economic influence grows; and the role of resource projects in countries beset by poor governance.

As an industry we must focus on the widening skills gap in our sector; and consider the complex sustainable development challenges in a global, interconnected world, demanding greater transparency and openness.

I would like to touch on the latter two points in some detail.

First,  lets talk on skills and the licence to operate

Our growth agenda presents a complex set of challenges as we expand in both our traditional and non-traditional geographies.  Expansion in some traditional operations will become more difficult due to the reduced labour pool and greater competition.

One of our ongoing challenges in the industry is to attract skilled people, especially in the engineering and scientific disciplines. Our requirements exceed the number of people graduating from mining schools in OECD countries. This sector-wide problem intensifies the competition for good people.

It is also worth noting that required skills in the industry are changing, the times of simply digging up dirt are far behind us, our industry demands a broad spectrum of skills, to support the business, and ensure we are safe, responsible, ethical, and sustainable.

The direction we are taking is to expand our leadership capabilities by increasing the diversity of our workforce.

Our teams need to become more multi-ethnic and multi-cultural to reflect our customer base and the advance of our geographic footprint. Besides playing catch-up on the skills gap, this will help us develop a capacity to operate in less familiar and challenging parts of the world.

In major project countries such as Madagascar, Mongolia and Guinea we increasingly seek to hire rising local talent, expose them to our leading practices, and by doing so develop future leaders.

Rio Tinto is already a leader in sustainable development. Our strong reputation in this area gives Governments confidence that we will develop resources in a way that will benefit their economies and communities, as well as protect their environments.  

Beyond the continued and sustained focus on safety leadership, our sustainable development agenda has previously focussed on the immediate environment and community. We will continue the focus in these key areas with leading practices.

In terms of environment, there are three inter-related areas where we can make the biggest difference: carbon, water and biodiversity.

Our focus is in these three areas for two reasons.  First, we do have a significant footprint in each of these areas. Second, these three areas are where the potential environmental impacts go beyond local stakeholders and communities, and can even have global impacts, like in the case of carbon.  I believe prioritising efforts in these areas will ultimately be a strategic differentiator as we continue to grow our businesses.

Views differ across the world on climate change, although we accept the science and are concerned about the potential impacts.  Climate change and carbon remain major risk discontinuities that we need to better understand and deal with.

While progress towards a global climate change agreement has been slow, we expect a gradual firming of the scientific evidence which will eventually flow through to global action by 2020. In the meantime, a fragmented world of sub-optimal carbon policies is likely, with the use of a mixture of regulation and market mechanisms.

In the absence of a global carbon solution, the principal objective of any individual country should be to reduce its global carbon emissions by encouraging conservation; and by creating a market for carbon, whilst not reducing economic growth, or exporting carbon-emitting industries to other jurisdictions.  We are committed to working with host governments to develop legislation and measures to reduce carbon emissions.

But let's remind ourselves that ultimately the policies and practices of India, China and the US will be the most important drivers of success, or failure, in this key area.

Our internal response is to continue our focus on reducing the energy intensity of our existing operations through energy efficiency and the progressive introduction of new technology. Planning of our new projects must ensure that our energy footprint is minimal from the start.  These actions will increase the long term resilience of the business to uncertain energy and carbon markets.

We have a global policy on water management to make optimum use of this precious resource.  For biodiversity we have the goal of achieving a net positive impact at all of our operations.

We will continue an emphasis on our established track record in building innovative and respectful relations with the communities where we operate.

The path ahead

In closing, I described early in my address the changing global economy and the challenges being thrown up. These are challenges for Australia, for Rio Tinto and the world at large.

The path ahead will be dominated by strong growth, and trends that will be hard to predict.  There will be a secular rise from China, and the emerging economies, punctuated by higher volatility triggered by structural dislocations in the OECD countries.  This volatility won't be like the old business cycle, but more like what we have all experienced, over the last two years.

Increasingly, governments will be asking the questions they asked of the oil industry in the 1970s. They will want to increase their revenue share. They will want to have more control of who develops their natural resources.  And this resource nationalism could, by itself, limit the supply response to stronger demand.

Australia will be no different to other countries trying to ride the tide in this uncertain world. But it has distinct advantages, through a tremendous natural resources bases and its people.

We in Rio Tinto will keep the faith in Australia. We have operated there for more than 100 years. It's where almost half of our worldwide gross assets reside.  Over the past decade, we have reinvested all of our Australian profits back into Australia.

I believe the leaders of the mining sector in the longer term will not just be those with brilliant geologists and top-class engineers, but those who understand that a diverse talent pool will be needed to navigate the issues I have described.  And that relationships with all stakeholders, especially governments, are just as important as being able to find and extract minerals.

The companies that do this will turn challenges and complexity into a source of competitive advantage.  And I intend to make sure Rio Tinto will be one of those companies.

Thank you for your attention and I'd be happy to take questions.

end

© 2010 Rio Tinto - All rights reserved.

http://www.riotinto.com/media/18435_presentations_19361.asp

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekroWill be interesting to see the results of the,,,,,

12.07.10 15:07
..... first parliament sitting. Especially what Momis untertakes in regards landowner election. Once this last hurdle is being removed I do not see any major obstacles towards the renegotiation of the Bougainville Copper Agreement. Also the planned move of the capital city from Buka to Arawa nearby the Panguna mine speaks for itself ;-)

By the way, I like the orderbook right now, no selling pressure and the buy-side seems to want shares more agressively than before. Would love to see this trend continuiung.

http://www.hotcopper.com.au  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekrothe BCA review would commence before the end

14.07.10 10:04
..........of the year

Eine klare Aussage von Präsident Momis ;-))))))))))))))

http://bougainville.typepad.com/newdawn/2010/07/...d-improve-the.html

14 July 2010
140710 MOMIS’S LACK OF SERVICE
By Aloysius Laukai

The new Momis/Nisira Government is attempting to create and improve the living standard of all the people of Bougainville through its economic policy.

Autonomous Bougainville Government President, Hon Chief John Momis unveiled his government’s move in his first official statement to Members of the House of Representatives during its meeting today.

President Momis said the ABG has a responsibility to improve the lives of its people through its economic and developmental programs.

He said the government can only do this if it understands the needs of the people.

He said there are many areas in Bougainville still in isolation and the government as the servant of the people must do all it can to address the needs and aspirations of these people.

The president cited areas like, Konnou in South Bougainville, Panguna and Torokina in Central Bougainville.

These areas lack proper transport, health and education services.

In Torokina, people have resorted to selling Second World War ammunitions for cash to earn a living.

To change this, President Momis said the government plans to develop the Torokina area agriculturally with the planned Oil Palm Project.

The Torokina District is the least developed area of Bougainville according to the president.

The establishment of the Oil Palm Project and other agricultural development would greatly improve the way of living of the people there.

He said the government would continue with the former government’s decision to conduct a review on the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA).

Under the BCA review, the wishes of the people particularly the landowners would be seriously taken into consideration with more consultation and dialogue.

The president has indicated that the review would commence before the end of the year.  

11664 Postings, 6347 Tage 1ALPHADie Aussage

14.07.10 11:17
des Präsidenten John Momis NACH der ersten Runde der mehrtägigen Kabinettssitzung unter Einbeziehung der Minister zeigt, dass es doch schnell gehen kann. Möglicherweise werden selbst die Optimisten überrascht:

He said the government would continue with the former government’s decision to conduct a review on the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA).

Under the BCA review, the wishes of the people particularly the landowners would be seriously taken into consideration with more consultation and dialogue.

The president has indicated that the review would commence before the end of the the year.  

382 Postings, 6343 Tage centwatchMomis on BCA review....

14.07.10 14:32
Geile news!!!!

Letztes Bottleneck "Landowners": Momis nimm es bitte selbst in die Hand, fahre nach Panguna und komme erst wieder zurück, wenn alles unter Dach und Fach ist!  

1528 Postings, 6343 Tage CCLSCRT´s Probleme....

14.07.10 16:09
IHT berichtet heute in seiner Printausgabe etwas ausführlicher über Rio Tinto in einem Beitrag mit dem Titel:

"Rio Tinto struggles with fraught partnerships"

Dort wird über 3 Probleme Rio´s berichtet, wovon 2 große Mining-Vorhaben betreffen:

a/ Problem 1 ist mit Rio´s kanadischem Partner Ivanhoe bzgl. Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia
b/ Problem 2 besteht in Guinea, wo die Regierung RT bereits einige Lizenzen entzogen hat

Fazit der IHT: "Shares of big mining companies rarely seem to reflect the value of assets until they reach production. But long-term investors, who will wonder whether Rio has chosen its investment and governmental partners wisely, will now want assurances the company can manage the fallout."

Nun, dass mit "reflect the value of assets" passt ja auch hervorragend auf Rios Tochter BCL und wenn Rio anderweitig Lizenzen entzogen bekommt und mit seinem Partner in Kanada das Kriegsbeil ausgegraben hat, dann macht das ihre Beteiligung an BCL, trotz aller weiterhin bestehenden Challenges vor Ort, sicherlich nicht unattraktiver. Wurde Panguna nicht sogar mal als das "Kronjuwel" des Konzerns bezeichnet?

CCLSC  

448 Postings, 6342 Tage bockaufbocBougainville Copper Agreement soon to be reviewed

14.07.10 20:38
Bougainville Copper Agreement soon to be reviewed
The Bougainville Copper Agreement
(BCA) will soon be reviewed in accordance
with the Bougainville Peace
Agreement and the National Executive
Council Decision of November
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for
Mining Dr. Puka Temu made this announcement
recently during the launch
of the Department of Mineral Policy
and Geohazards Management
(DMPGM).
Dr. Temu also announced that the department’s
number one priority under
its corporate plan is the reviewing of
the Mining Act 1992 and the Mining
(Safety) Act Chapter 195A and the
Mineral Policy.
“With the current favourable political
scenario between the Autonomous
Bougainville and the national Government,
the Bougainville Copper Agreement
(BCA) will soon be reviewed in
accordance with the Bougainville
Peace Agreement and the NEC decision
of November 2006,” he said.
He also added that given the sensitivity
of the issue the national government
will ensure a transparent process
is maintained with the engagement of
an independent facilitator and that
there is landowner participation. “In so
doing, we hope to install confidence in
our people on Bougainville and to
have the decisions emanating from the
review to be fair and justifiable to all
affected parties.
“DMPGM has prioritized the review
of the BCA under its strategic plan
and will spearhead the BCA review
under the JSB process in consultation
with the National Coordination Office
for Bougainville Affairs and all other
relevant government agencies,”  

448 Postings, 6342 Tage bockaufboc...aus Mra -Bulletin Juni 2009

14.07.10 20:46

das soon wurde etwas ausgedehnt-aber wenns 2010 noch funktioniert mit BCA wär mal ein erster grosser Schritt

Scheinbar macht Momis mächtig Druck ---fehlen nur noch ein paar Landeigner

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekro....before year end!

14.07.10 21:14
This is fantastic news! If the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA) is to be reviewed BOC and most likely even RIO would have to make an announcement. I would make a bet we will see headlines like "Panguna to be reopened" in the media.

In my eyes that leaves us with one remaining bottleneck before Momis can send the BCA-invitation to the stakeholders: Landowner elections for having a seat at the table of the BCA-review. Not an easy one, but if Momis pushs for it it should be doable. Hopefully much earlier than by the end of 2010. ;-))

Here is the article, the last three paragraphs are of most interest.

http://www.bougainville-copper.eu/pageID_8755197.html

382 Postings, 6343 Tage centwatchLöschung

14.07.10 21:26

Moderation
Zeitpunkt: 14.07.10 22:10
Aktion: Löschung des Beitrages
Kommentar: Löschung auf Wunsch des Verfassers

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekroCopper May Rise in New York on Higher Equities,

15.07.10 06:31

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekroGovt must address B"ville referendum

15.07.10 06:54
http://www.thenational.com.pg/?q=node/793

Source:
The National
YOUR recent editorial asserted that next year’s referendum in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville could have enormous consequences.
In this referendum, Bougainvilleans will decide whether or not they want to become independent from PNG.
Once more, the Government and Parliament have unfortunately been complacent in the last 14 years not to address this issue.
The prospect of a referendum should be enough to jolt the “powers-that-be” from its deep slumber and immediately pass the required legislation on how best to accommodate the issue of autonomy in PNG within the context of its future development.
The editorial highlighted several scenarios with far reaching implications, why certain provinces want autonomy like Bougainville and what the Government should do to address this issue.
On the whole, the editorial reminded the Government “to treat it seriously”.  
Is it a threat?
I do not think so.
On the contrary, I see the issue of autonomy not as a threat but a positive development tool for the Government.
It can be so if approached in a rational manner with a long-term strategy of adapting levels of autonomy towards a positive outcome for the nation.  
I see the issue of autonomy, especially political autonomy as a positive development goal that should now be fully exploited and adapted as a possible future political model for a multi-cultural society like PNG.
Since the Bougainville crisis ended, successive governments have all gone to sleep on the issue of autonomy and what it should do if other provinces also seek autonomy.
The Government has no coherent national strategic policy and appropriate laws on how best to address future issues of autonomy within its national strategic policy context.
There are many reasons why certain provinces seek autonomy.
It is a form of self-government and provides the possibility to share legislative and executive powers between the National Government and the provinces.
For PNG, the contemporary relevance of autonomy has to be considered as an efficient means of conflict prevention and resolution through accommodation of the fundamental needs of national minorities within the existing provincial boundaries and as a fundamental right of national or ethnic minorities to be considered under national (and international) law.
The political system we have since Independence is badly flawed and needs to be changed as part of our national strategic plan within the next decade as it has failed Papua New Guineans.
What PNG needs is small central government in a relocated capital city, say Arona valley in the EHP.
It is time we have four self-governing autonomous regions – Papua, Highlands, Momase and New Guinea Islands – to independently develop their own regional governments under separate laws and administration structures.
Bougainville can be a part of NGI.
The autonomy issue should not necessarily be seen as a threat but a good sovereign challenge for the Government.
The Government must now take “the bull by the horns” and address the issue in a bi-partisan way in Parliament and as part of its national strategic plan.

Reginald Renagi
Port Moresby

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekroChina könnte bald Rohstoffzugang blockieren

15.07.10 15:52
http://www.n24.de/news/newsitem_6200952.html

China kauft mit seinen Staatsfond Minen in der ganzen Welt und bedroht so die Rohstoffsicherheit der deutschen Industrie. Der Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie fordert die Politik zu handeln.................................

11664 Postings, 6347 Tage 1ALPHAJa, die bösen Chinesen

15.07.10 16:26
kaufen mit den ach so wervollen Dollars einfach Rohstoffe weltweit ein :
und drohen eine Hyperinflation auszulösen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1n1X0Oqdw

dazu die Umfrage :

http://www.ariva.de/profil/1ALPHA

Jetzt zeigt sich, dass Präsident John Momis durch seine Tätigkeit als Botschafter in Peking sehr gute Vorraussetzungen hat, die Rohstoffpreise und die einmalige Chance für die Bürger von Bougainville richtig einzuschätzen. Interessant, dass der BOC Kurs diese weitreichenden Möglichkeiten noch nicht widerspiegelt.

Sieht so aus, als ob wir Alle hier uns in nicht alzu ferner Zukunft mächtig selbst Ohrfeigen werden, da wir zwar richtig analysiert aber nicht konsequent gehandelt haben.  Und keine Sorge : Die Risiken des Scheiterns, der Kapitalerhöhung, neuer Techniken, 2.Rezession, Iran, Staatsbankrott,... habe ich nicht vergessen...  

555 Postings, 6343 Tage BOCandorraESBC exklusiv!

15.07.10 19:06

Eine wichtige News wurde soeben von den European Shareholders of Bougainville Copper  www.bougainville-copper.eu  veröffentlicht!

450 Postings, 6343 Tage Longwilli#3919

15.07.10 19:37
Mal schauen, ob Momis seine Leute bei den heterogenen Landeigentümern tatsächlich Überzeugungsarbeit leisten können? Sollte es ihnen gelingen, die Landeigentümer nachhaltig zu einigen, ändere ich meine aktuell doch noch eher ausgesprochen skeptische Meinung über Momis.  

Und sollten die Landeigentümer sich einigen lassen, mit anschließender Wahl eines gemeinsamen Sprechers, dann behaupte ich nicht mehr, dass diese Leute auch nur Egoisten sind, die nur weiterhin an das illegal geschürfte Gold wollen, anstatt an die Zukunft der ganzen Insel zu denken.  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekro@Longwilli

15.07.10 19:50
Bei Minister of Natural Resources, Hon. Michael Oni handelt es sich um einen Panguna Landowner.Der von Lawrence an Momis überbrachte Vorschlag Anils sah vor Michael Oni als PLA Interimspräsidenten zu benennen.Auf diese Weise könnte die BCA Review sofort starten ohne die Wahl des Landownersbody abwarten zu müssen ;-))))))))))  

450 Postings, 6343 Tage Longwilli75 AU-Cent-Mauer in Sydney

16.07.10 07:41
na, im Orderbuch baut aber einer eine 74 AU-Cent-Mauer, und das schon seit Tagen. Da will wohl jemand den Kurs nicht über 74 laufen lassen. Mal schauen, bis wann die aktuell noch ausgesprochen geringen Umsätze das noch mit sich machen lassen?  

15640 Postings, 6347 Tage nekro#3919

16.07.10 09:10
..........sollte am Montag mit den Resultaten der 1 Parlamentssitzung nach der Momiswahl in der PNG Presse publiziert werden.

@Longwilli

"Und sollten die Landeigentümer sich einigen lassen, mit anschließender Wahl eines gemeinsamen Sprechers, dann behaupte ich nicht mehr, dass diese Leute auch nur Egoisten sind, die nur weiterhin an das illegal geschürfte Gold wollen,.........."

Hier liegst du komplett falsch.

Die Antwort ist viel banaler.Die Landeigner warten sehnsüchtig darauf den Landownersbody endlich wählen zu können,woran es (wieder mal) mangelt ist das liebe Geld.Die offizielle Wahl wird von der MRA (Mineral Resources Authority) durchgeführt.Die Stimmzettel liegen bereit,Momis hat die Gelder für die Helfer zugesagt.

ABG will fund this as per the news item here. It is true.

It is going happen.

Ljd

Die Meldung(en) dass die Landowners gewählt haben,BOC die Pangunamine besichtigt,die Verhandlungen zum neuen BCA (Bougainville Copper Agreement) beginnen,BCL eine Feasability Studie in Auftrag gegeben hat,RIO sich entschlossen hat die Pangunamine wiederzueröffnen,etc. kann also jederzeit erfolgen.

In den letzten Jahren gab es jede Menge positiver Tippelschritte,welche aber vom Markt nach 20 jährigem Gezerre einfach (noch) nicht ernst genommen wurden.

Erst mit dem Beginn der Verhandlungen zum neuen BCA wird aus einer verlassenen Pangunamine in Bougainvilles Bergen wieder die 4 grösste Tagebaumine der Welt mit Reserven von min. 100 Milliarden USD ,welche unmittelbar vor der Wiedereröffnung steht.

Erst wenn das ins Bewusstsein der Anleger rückt wird der Kursschub Richtung fairer Wert beginnen ;-))))))))))))))))))  

1528 Postings, 6343 Tage CCLSCAber ...

16.07.10 11:06
Aber was ist mit den "Rebellen" der No-Go-Zone? Um die ist es still geworden zuletzt. Nun, man könnte diesen Umstand sowohl positiv wie negativ sehen.

Die "Bullen" unter uns werden sagen, die sind so ruhig geworden, weil sie mit der neuen Regierung etc an einem Strang ziehen. Alles in Ordnung also.

Die skeptischen Investoren unter uns werden sagen, man hört und liest nichts mehr von denen, weil es einfach keine Gespräche mit dieser Gruppierung gibt. Die Jungs sitzen weiter auf ihren Waffen und wollen niemanden an die Mine ranlassen. Alles weiterhin höchst fragil also.

Der Anführer der Truppe hatte sich vor der Wahl ja ganz eindeutlich für Tanis ausgesprochen. Sinngemäß sagte er: "Entweder Tanis, oder Ihr werdet die Mine niemals wiedereröffnen."

Nun haben wir Momis und was sagt die Gruppierung? Any news dazu?

Dass sich Momis so hyperaktiv für die Mineneröffnung einsetzt ist erfreulich, höchst erfreulich, dass die Landeigner am Ende der Diskussion (wann immer das sein mag) pro Eröffnung stimmen werden und es den Beteiligten gelingen wird, die Mehrheit hinter sich zu bringen was die Eröffnung der Pangunga betrifft, daran zweifel ich nicht. Die große Unbekannte sind aber weiterhin die waffen-schwingenden Jungs in der (ehemaligen) No-Go-Zone.

Solange DIESES Problem nicht gelöst wird, wird auch der Kurs gedrückt bleiben. Aber ok, auch ein 1.000 Meilen Marsch beginnt mit dem ersten Schritt und wir haben schon viele Schritte auf diesem Marsch zurückgelegt.

Schönes Wochenende.........

CCLSC  

11664 Postings, 6347 Tage 1ALPHAUnd mit

16.07.10 11:17
der Bekanntgabe der US Fed, dass das Qantitive Easing noch für 5 - 6 Jahre notwendig sein wird, um die Arbeitslosigkeit in USA endlich senken zu können, scheint sich auch der Rohstofftrend noch weiter zu beschleunigen.

2 Mal wird Fed Chef Bernanke diese "neue" Politik nächste Woche vor dem Kongress bestätigen.

Und solange diese Politik des leichten Geldes anhält, fragen sich weltweit die Sparer, wo sie denn ihr Geld SICHER anlegen können...  

Seite: < 1 | ... | 155 | 156 |
| 158 | 159 | ... 979  >  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben