Seite 140 von 979
Neuester Beitrag: 20.09.24 16:55
Eröffnet am:29.09.07 00:25von: nekroAnzahl Beiträge:25.472
Neuester Beitrag:20.09.24 16:55von: Fuchsbau24Leser gesamt:5.677.309
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:1.342
Bewertet mit:

Seite: < 1 | ... | 138 | 139 |
| 141 | 142 | ... 979  >  

1334 Postings, 6345 Tage TraderevilHandel ASX.......

17.05.10 07:34
BOUGAINVILLE COPPER LIMITED (BOC)
Mining and production of concentrates containing copper, gold and silver.

On this page you will find:
Delayed share price ASX-Listed Emblem Company details
Company announcements Closing prices
Price history chart Dividends
Exchange Traded Options Warrants & Structured Products
  ASX CFDs
Delayed share price

Prices are delayed by at least 20 minutes. Retrieving any price indicates your acceptance of the Conditions.
Code Last % Chg Bid Offer Open High Low Vol
BOC 0.830 26.72% 0.810 0.850 0.680 0.830 0.680 245,966

26,72%!!!!!!!!! bei  245966 Volumen.  

382 Postings, 6342 Tage centwatchAm schönsten.....

17.05.10 08:26
....ist das Orderbuch.....

schöne Kauforders zwischen 70-75! Und nicht allzuviele die verkaufen wollen (obwohl sich das natürlich bis morgen immer noch ändern kann....)

Ich persönlich erwarte jetzt dann jeden Augenblick, dass das Ende der Abwicklung des ADR-Programms verkündet wird... wrde heute oder morgen mal wieder nachfragen....  

382 Postings, 6342 Tage centwatchAus Hotcopper

17.05.10 08:28
http://www.hotcopper.com.au/...id=1&tid=1172651&msgid=6580570

There was an item on it on TV last night. I don't know what channel, or who was presenting it, as the other half has the remote control. Suggested that some of the locals now are looking towards re-opening the mine. The locals were thinking that opening the mine and using funds from the mine could give them independance.

Access was open to the minesite, but likely to close at the drop of a hat.

Once again, I do not know what the program was called, nor the age of the information presented.  

382 Postings, 6342 Tage centwatch"Villagers......now want to reopen the mine."

17.05.10 08:33
Panguna is in the news again:

"Villagers who shut down an Australian-run gold and copper mine in PNG's autonomous region of Bougainville during a violent civil war now want to reopen the mine.

Bougainvilleans are now voting in their second general elections to decide who will prepare the tiny Pacific island for a promised 2015 referendum on full independence from Papua New Guinea.

The massive Panguna mine in central Bougainville was what sparked the bloody decade-long guerilla war that claimed an estimated 20,000 lives. The islanders now think their secessionist future might depend on the revenue it can generate.

"Panguna is owned by the Panguna landowners, but people from all over Bougainville have died over that mine, so culturally that mine is now owned by the people of Bougainville," he said.

"There has been a growing opinion, even coming from Panguna landowners, with a basic argument saying that the bottom line for people of Bougainville is independence.

"If this mine funded PNG independence (in 1975) then it can fund Bougainville autonomy and independence," he said.

Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) executive Paul Coleman travelled to Bougainville last year for the first time since the mine's closure for talks with President Tanis in Buka.

BCL, which is owned 53 per cent by Rio Tinto and 19 per cent by the PNG government, reported millions of tonnes of gold and copper remained in the ground at the disused mine.

Panguna Landowners Association Chairman Chris Damana - an election hopeful - said mining at was once the world's largest gold and copper mine could resume only if there was a full review of conditions for locals.

"My platform for the election is for me to represent my people of Panguna and to reopen the mine," he said.

"We want to open the mine because Bougainville needs economic development in order for Bougainville to generate independence," he said.

"But there must be a full review of the agreement. Bougainville has to benefit, not just the mining company," he said.

"We are not divided as landowners. We just want to work out how reopening will be done," he said.

Another positive sign is that the Meekamui Defence Force (MDF), headed by self-appointed general Chris Uma, has lifted a heavily armed no-go zone around the Panguna mine.

General Uma, who controlled separatist militias throughout Bougainville's central and southern regions, has made an unprecedented move to support President Tanis in the current election.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-business/...n-20100514-v47f.html  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroAU Schluss 0,84 AUD +28.2% (0,60€)

17.05.10 09:49
VOL 329916 St

Fr ASK 0,54 € gute 10% unter Aussiekurs ist eigentlich erstaunlich

Auch wenn joebo das Orderbuch für nicht aussagekräftig hält lohnt sich ein Blick trotzdem ;-)))))))))))

http://cb.iguana2.com/netwealth2/depth/boc  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroDer Vorstand des Landownersbody (UPLA)............

17.05.10 11:33
..........ist zwar noch nicht definitiv gewählt die Verhandlungen laufen jedoch schon auf Hochtouren.

Zumindest steht der Name United Panguna Landowners association schon fest ;-)))))

Darin haben die Vertreter aller 6 Mine Lease Areas ihren Sitz.

Im Moment ist jede Gruppierung dabei ihren Chairman zu wählen und diese 6 wählen dann ihren Präsidenten.Schon jetzt steht fest dass der Präsident der UPLA aus der SML Area "the Special Mining Lease" (Panguna) zu kommen hat.

In den letzten 6 Wochen hat Lawrence abwechselnd mit allen konferiert und dürfte die allerbesten Chancen haben diese Wahl zu gewinnen.;-)))))))

I note there will be 6 groups representing the landowners:
a.    the Special Mining Lease (SML), which covers the pit in the mountains
at Panguna where copper and gold were dug up by BCL;

b.    the Port Lease, covering land in the Loloho area, where port, power
generating and other mine related facilities were established;

c.    the Arawa Urban Lease (Siokate), covering customary land on the
northern side of what was once Arawa Plantation, leased to provide part of
the area needed for Arawa Town;

d.    the Port-Mine Access Road Lease (PMARL), covering land needed for the
road from the coast at Loloho to the Panguna mine site;

e.    the Upper Tailings Lease, covering mountainous areas of the Kawerong
and Jaba rivers into which the mine tailings were dumped by BCL;

f.    the Lower Tailings Lease, covering the Jaba River flood plain areas
belonging to Nagovisi, Banoni and Torokina people

Der nächste Schritt ist jetzt das Arrangement über die Verteilung der Gewinne zwischen den verschiedenen Clans auch wenn hier schon der Pelz des Bären verteilt werden soll bevor er erlegt ist.

The next step is the Benefit Sharing Arrangement (BSA). In this arrangement some very important customary practices are taken into account and I have come up with the following template after discussing this issue with clan chiefs from the lease areas.

Abzuwarten bleibt ob das Ergebnis der Landownerwahl oder der Präsidentschaftswahl schneller ist,der folgende Schritt sollte dann der Transfert der Miningpowes von PNG ans AGB sein mit anschliessendem Beginn der Verhandlungen zum neuen BCA.

Erst dann wird der wahre BCL Wert richtig erkannt werden ;-)))))))))))  

1528 Postings, 6342 Tage CCLSCSehr erfreulich ...

17.05.10 11:39
Sehr erfreuliche Entwicklung im Moment! Könnte man sich dran gewöhnen, was!? ;-))

Die Tatsache, dass in D derzeit Stücke zum 54c angeboten werden zeigt aber auch, dass so mancher Anleger noch nicht so von der Nachhaltigkeit des Anstieges überzeugt ist. Verdenken kann man es ihnen nicht, haben wir alle doch schon zu oft himmelhoch jauchzend Tage wie den heutigen erlebt, um dann zu Tode betrübt in den Folgetagen/-wochen den Kursverfall auf oder gar unter frühere Kurse zu beobachten.

Schaun mer mal.......  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroDie Perf. seit Threadbeginn: -9,86%...........

17.05.10 11:53
...........ist eigentlich irreführend.

Dieser Thread wurde zu den BCL ADRs eröffnet bei einem ADR Kurs von 0,50 € wie in Post 1 angegeben.

Da die ADRs 1:1 in Aktien getauscht wurden müsste eigentlich dieser Kurs zur Berechnung zugrunde gelegt werden (zzg. der Tauschkosten ;-))))))))))))  

1528 Postings, 6342 Tage CCLSCNicht so kleinlich sein ...

17.05.10 12:09
Nicht so kleinlich sein, nekro. Wenn der Kurs in der Zukuft bei 5 Euro steht, interessieren die paar Prozentpunkte keine Sau mehr. ;-))))  

1528 Postings, 6342 Tage CCLSCAber ...

17.05.10 12:13
... bis es so weit ist, wird noch viel Wasser die Themse runter fließen und wir noch etliche Höhen und Tiefen durchmachen müssen.

Gelduld ist angesagt ....  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroZumindest Berlin 0,62 € (+33,62%) 0,87 AUD

17.05.10 12:33
...........hat sich dem Aussikurs angeglichen u. zeigt welche Kurssprünge noch vor uns liegen ;-)))))))))))  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroVOL in D schon bei 300K heute ;-)))

17.05.10 13:18
Mal sehen ob die 330 K in AU noch getoppt werden

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroBOC VOL AU / D 329 916 : 330 910

17.05.10 14:04

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroBOC - What should you do?

17.05.10 14:48
Get your free BOC analysis here

http://www.vectorvest.com/stockanalysis/...rated-banner&cr2=id782

Detailed Analysis  

Company Information

Business: Bougainville Copper, (BOC.AX) Bougainville Copper Limited intends to dispose of the open pit mine and processing facility at Panguna on Bougainville Island in the North Solomons Province of Papua New Guinea. The company suspended its operations in the mine in May 1989. Prior to May 1989, it produced copper concentrate containing gold and silver. The company is based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Bougainville Copper Limited is a subsidiary of Rio Tinto Limited.  

Capital Appreciation

Value: Value is a measure of a stock's current worth.  BOC.AX has a current Value of $0.85 per share. Therefore, it is fairly valued compared to its Price of $0.84 per share.  Value is computed from forecasted earnings per share, forecasted earnings growth, profitability, interest, and inflation rates. Value increases when earnings, earnings growth rate and profitability increase, and when interest and inflation rates decrease. VectorVest advocates the purchase of undervalued stocks. At some point in time, a stock's Price and Value always will converge.  

RV (Relative Value): RV is an indicator of long-term price appreciation potential. BOC.AX has an RV of 1.21, which is good on a scale of 0.00 to 2.00. This indicator is far superior to a simple comparison of Price and Value because it is computed from an analysis of projected price appreciation three years out, AAA Corporate Bond Rates, and risk. RV solves the riddle of whether it is preferable to buy High growth, High P/E stocks, or Low growth, Low P/E stocks. VectorVest favors the purchase of stocks with RV ratings above 1.00.  

RS (Relative Safety): RS is an indicator of risk. BOC.AX has an RS rating of 0.84, which is poor on a scale of 0.00 to 2.00. RS is computed from an analysis of the consistency and predictability of a company's financial performance, debt to equity ratio, sales volume, business longevity, price volatility and other factors. A stock with an RS rating greater than 1.00 is safer and more predictable than the average stock in the VectorVest database. VectorVest favors the purchase of stocks of companies with consistent, predictable financial performance.  

RT (Relative Timing): RT is a fast, smart, accurate indicator of a stock's price trend. BOC.AX has a Relative Timing rating of 1.65, which is excellent on a scale of 0.00 to 2.00.  RT is computed from an analysis of the direction, magnitude, and dynamics of a stock's price movements over one day, one week, one quarter and one year time periods. Once a stock's price has established a strong trend, it is expected to continue in that trend for the short-term. If a trend dissipates, RT will gravitate toward 1.00. RT will explode from bottoms, dive from tops, and reflect changes in price momentum. VectorVest favors the purchase of stocks with RT ratings above 1.00.  

VST (VST-Vector):  VST is the master indicator for ranking every stock in the VectorVest database. BOC.AX has a VST rating of 1.30, which is very good on a scale of 0.00 to 2.00. VST is computed from the square root of a weighted sum of the squares of RV, RS, and RT. Stocks with the highest VST ratings have the best combinations of Value, Safety and Timing. These are the stocks to own for above average, long-term capital appreciation. VectorVest advocates the purchase of safe, undervalued stocks rising in price.  

Recommendation (REC): VectorVest gives a Buy, Sell, Hold recommendation on every stock, every day. BOC.AX has a Buy recommendation. REC reflects the cumulative effect of all the VectorVest parameters working together. These parameters are designed to help investors buy safe, undervalued stocks rising in price. They also help investors avoid or sell risky, overvalued stocks falling in price. VectorVest recommends that investors buy high VST-Vector, Buy-rated stocks in rising markets.  

Stop (Stop-Price): Stop is an indicator of when to sell a long position or cover a short position.  BOC.AX has a Stop of $0.63 per share. This is $0.21 below BOC.AX's current closing Price. A stock's Stop is computed from a 13 week moving average of its closing prices, and is fine-tuned according to the stock's fundamentals. High RV, high RS stocks have lower Stops, and low RV, low RS stocks have higher Stops. In the VectorVest system, a stock gets a 'B' or 'H' recommendation if its Price is above its Stop and an 'S' recommendation if its Price is below its Stop.  

GRT (Earnings Growth Rate): GRT reflects a company's one to three year forecasted earnings growth rate in percent per year. BOC.AX has a forecasted Earnings Growth Rate of 29.00%, which VectorVest considers to be excellent. GRT is computed from historical, current and forecasted earnings data. It is updated each week for every stock in the VectorVest database. GRT often foretells a stock's future price trend. If a stock's GRT trend is upward, the stock's price will likely rise. If GRT is trending downward, the stock's Price will probably fall. VectorVest favors the purchase of stocks whose GRT is rising and is greater than the sum of current inflation and interest rates, as shown weekly in our investment climate report.  

EPS (Earnings per Share):  EPS stands for leading 12 months Earnings Per Share.  BOC.AX has a forecasted EPS of $0.02 per share. VectorVest determines this forecast from a combination of recent earnings performance and traditional fiscal and/or calendar year earnings forecasts.  

P/E (Price to Earnings Ratio): P/E is a popular measure of stock valuation which shows the dollars required to buy one dollar of earnings.  BOC.AX has a P/E of 42.00. This ratio may be deemed to be high or low depending upon your frame of reference. The average P/E of all the stocks in the VectorVest database is 27.73. P/E is computed daily using the formula: P/E = Price/EPS.  

EY (Earnings Yield): EY reflects earnings per share as a percent of Price. EY is related to P/E via the formula, EY = 100 / (P/E), and may be used in place of P/E as a measure of valuation. EY has the advantages that it is always determinate and can reflect negative earnings. BOC.AX has an EY of 2.63 percent. This is below the current average of 3.75% for all the stocks in the VectorVest database. EY equals 100 x (EPS/Price).  

GPE (Growth to P/E Ratio): GPE is another popular measure of stock valuation. It compares earnings growth rate to P/E ratio. BOC.AX has a GPE rating of 0.77.  High growth stocks are believed to be able to justify high P/E ratios. A stock is commonly considered to be undervalued when GPE is greater than 1.00 and overvalued when GPE is below 1.00. Unfortunately, this rule of thumb does not take into account the effect of interest rates on P/E ratios. The operative GPE ratio of 1.00 is valid when and only when interest rates equal 10%. With long-term interest rates currently at 6.29%, the operative GPE ratio is 0.40. Therefore, BOC.AX may be considered to be undervalued.  

Dividend Information

DIV (Dividend): VectorVest reports annual, regular, cash dividends as indicated by the most recent payments. Special distributions, one-time payments, stock dividends, etc., are not generally included in DIV. BOC.AX does not pay a dividend.  

DY (Dividend Yield): DY reflects dividend per share as a percent of Price. BOC.AX does not pay a dividend, so it does not have a Dividend Yield rating. . DY equals 100 x (DIV/Price). It is useful to compare DY with EY. If DY is not significantly lower than EY, the dividend payment may be in jeopardy.  

DS (Dividend Safety): DS is an indicator of the assurance that regular cash dividends will be declared and paid at current or at higher rates for the foreseeable future. BOC.AX does not pay a dividend, so it does not have a Dividend Safety rating . Stocks with DS values above 75 typically have RS values well above 1.00 and EY levels that are much higher than DY.

DG (Dividend Growth Rate): Dividend Growth is a subtle yet important indicator of a company's financial performance. It also provides some insight into the board's outlook on the company's ability to increase earnings. BOC.AX does not pay a dividend, so it does not have a Dividend Growth rating .  

YSG (YSG-Vector): YSG is an indicator which combines DIV, DY and DG into a single value, and allows direct comparison of all dividend-paying stocks in the database. BOC.AX does not pay a dividend, so it does not have a YSG rating . Stocks with the highest YSG values have the best combinations of Dividend Yield, Safety and Growth. These are the stocks to buy for above average current income and long-term growth.  

Price-Volume Data

Price: BOC.AX closed on 17/05/2010 at $0.84 per share  

Open: BOC.AX opened trading at a price of $0.68 per share on 17/05/2010.  

High: BOC.AX traded at a High price of $0.85 per share on 17/05/2010.  

Low: BOC.AX traded at a Low price of $0.68 per share on 17/05/2010  

Close: BOC.AX closed trading at price $0.84 per share on 17/05/2010. (Close is also called Price in the VectorVest system)  

Range: Range reflects the difference between the High and Low prices for the day. BOC.AX traded with a range of $0.17 per share on 17/05/2010.  

$Change: BOC.AX closed up 0.19 from the prior day's closing Price.  

%PRC: BOC.AX's Price changed 28.24% from the prior day's closing price.  

Volume: BOC.AX traded 329,916 shares on 17/05/2010.  

AvgVol: AvgVol is the 50 day moving average of daily volume as computed by VectorVest. BOC.AX has an AvgVol of 159,600 shares traded per day.  

%Vol: %Vol reflects the percent change in today's trading volume as compared to the AvgVol. %Vol equals ((Volume - AvgVol) / AvgVol ) * 100.  BOC.AX had a %Vol of 106.71% on 17/05/2010  

CI (Comfort Index): CI is an indicator which reflects a stock's ability to resist severe and/or lengthy price declines. BOC.AX has a CI rating of 0.60, which is poor on a scale of 0.00 to 2.00. CI is quite different from RS in that it is based solely upon a stock's long-term price history. VectorVest advocates the purchase of high CI stocks.  

Sales / Market Capitalization Information

Sales: BOC.AX has annual sales of $13,000,000

Sales Growth: Sales Growth is the Sales Growth Rate in percent over the last 12 months. BOC.AX has a Sales Growth of 104.00% per year. This is excellent. Sales Growth is updated each week for every stock. It is often useful to compare Sales Growth to Earnings Growth to gain an insight into a company's operations.  

Sales Per Share (SPS): BOC.AX has annual sales of $0.03 per share. SPS can be used as a measure of valuation when comparing stocks within an Industry Group.  

Price to Sales Ratio (P/S): BOC.AX has a P/S of 25.91. This ratio is also used as a measure of valuation. Here, too, it is useful when comparing stocks within an Industry Group.  

Shares: BOC.AX has 401,000,000 shares of stock outstanding.  

Market Capitalization: BOC.AX has a Market Capitalization of $336,000,000. Market Capitalization is calculated by multiplying price times shares outstanding.  

Business Sector: BOC.AX has been assigned to the Mining Business Sector. VectorVest classifies stocks into over 200 Industry Groups and 40 Business Sectors.  
Industry Group: BOC.AX has been assigned to the Mining (Other) Industry Group. VectorVest classifies stocks into over 200 Industry Groups and 40 Business Sectors.  

189 Postings, 6334 Tage oyooVector

17.05.10 15:29
Laber, laber ...
Ich sach:
Kaufen!
Kaufen!
Kaufen!
Kaufen!  

794 Postings, 5938 Tage upholm@nekro #3481

17.05.10 20:09
Wie siehtst Du die Zeitachse für Deinen Beitrag #3481,
wenn alles so läuft wie beschrieben?  

189 Postings, 6334 Tage oyoo@uphold

18.05.10 00:03
Ich bin jetzt der große Experte und kenne die Kurse von nächstem Jahr!
Nein, Spass beiseite.
Wenn passiert was wir alle erhoffen werden auch noch ein, zwei Euro Kaufkurse sein.
Wenn man so ein armes Schwein ist wie ich, und sich noch an 11, 12 Mark pro ADR erinnern kann und nekro würde einfügen - zu den damaligen Preisen für Kopfer und Gold - dann kann man sich vorstellen wohin der Kurs geht wenn die Mine wieder produziert.
Bis dahin ist aber noch ein weiter Weg:
Das neue BCA, ein neuer Vertrag zwischen PNG und der neuen Regierung unserer Insel und BOC, den Landbesitzern und ganz zum Schluß, aber nicht weniger wichtig: Die Investoren, die nötig sind um das Ding wieder in Bewegung zu bringen.
Kommt eine Kapitalaufstockung?
Na, ja, ist noch ein weiter Weg bis dahin ...
Zeitachse?
Jahre ...  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroPrice Query - Bougainville Copper Limited

18.05.10 02:55
http://www.stocknessmonster.com./...item?S=BOC&E=ASX&N=336483

By e-mail only
Dear Paul
Bougainville Copper Limited (the “Company”) – Price Query
We have noted a change in the price of the Company’s securities from $0.655 at the close of trading on Friday
14 May 2010 to a high of $0.85 as at the time of writing today.
In light of the price change, please respond to each of the following questions.
1. Is the Company aware of any information concerning it that has not been announced which, if known,
could be an explanation for recent trading in the securities of the Company.
Please note that as recent trading in the Company’s securities could indicate that information has
ceased to be confidential, the Company is unable to rely on the exceptions to listing rule 3.1 contained
in listing rule 3.1A when answering this question.
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, can an announcement be made immediately? If not, why not and
when is it expected that an announcement will be made?
Please note, if the answer to question 1 is yes and an announcement cannot be made immediately,
you need to contact us to discuss this and you need to consider a trading halt (see below).
3. Is there any other explanation that the Company may have for the price change in the securities of the
Company?
4. Please confirm that the Company is in compliance with the listing rules and, in particular, listing rule
Your response should be sent to me by return e-mail or by facsimile on facsimile number (03) 9614 0303. It
should not be sent to the Company Announcements Office.
Unless the information is required immediately under listing rule 3.1, a response is requested as soon as
possible and, in any event, not later than half an hour before the start of trading (ie before 9.30 a.m. Melbourne
time) tomorrow, 18 May 2010.

Ms Julia Kagan
Senior Adviser, Issuers (Melbourne)
ASX Markets Supervision Pty Ltd
Level 45, South Tower
525 Collins Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
By e-mail: Julia.Kagan@asx.com.au
17 May 2010
Dear Ms Kagan
Price Query
I refer to your letter of 17 May 2010. In response to your specific questions, we reply as
follows:
1. No.
2. Not applicable in view of our answer to question 1.
3. No. The Company is not aware of any reason for the price change. The Company
refers to its recent announcements made on 14 May 2010 (Tax Update) and on
29 April 2010 (Chairman’s address to the annual general meeting).
4. The Company is in compliance with the Listing Rules and, in particular, Listing Rule
Yours sincerely
Paul Coleman
Company Secretary  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroRoll problems affect Bougainville election

18.05.10 06:51
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=53605

Posted at 03:18 on 18 May, 2010 UTC

Disgruntled voters in the autonomous Papua New Guinea province of Bougainville have been told they are partly to blame for their names not being on the rolls.

A two-week long election process is drawing to a close with the last polling stations due to close on Friday.

A local reporter for the Post Courier newspaper, Gorethy Kenneth, says the election has been marked by complaints from throughout the province that names are missing from the common roll.

“But the explanation from the Electoral Office is that it is partly the voters or the people’s fault as well. When the Electoral officers went from door to door, some families refused to provide names and information.”
News Content © Radio New Zealand International
PO Box 123, Wellington, New Zealand

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroElectronic counting in B"ville

18.05.10 07:01
Postcourier, 18 May 2010

By Fabian Gatana

FOR the first time votes in Central and South Bougainville will be counted using an electronic counting system.
This system will be launched in Buka today.
Four stations will be set up in the three main counting areas in the North, Central and South areas of the region.
Rogana Mala, one of the Electoral Commission’s IT specialists, said that the electronic system does not replace the manual system but acts as a back-up or a check and balance to confirm that there are no discrepancies in counting.
He said that the Autonomous Bougainville Government had purchased six stations and the PNG Electoral Commission had provided another six stations.
“A station is made up of a computer and two projectors.
“All data collected by the computer is processed and projected so there is some transparency,” he said.
Mr Mala said with the electronic system, counting will take about eight to 10 days to complete.
Meanwhile, counting has ended in North Bougainville.
Counting in Kieta and most parts of Central Bougainville including all parts of Buin, Siwai and Nagovis are expected to end today.

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroCounting this saturday

18.05.10 07:03
There is still voting in some parts of bougainville until Thursday this week  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroPressure to reopen Bougainville mine

18.05.10 07:16
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/national/...pen-bougainville-mine

Tuesday, 18 May 2010 11:47   .PANGUNA, Bougainville (ABC Radio) – Pressure is growing to reopen a controversial copper mine on Bougainville in Papua New Guinea which was at the centre of the island's violent past.

The historical hatred islanders felt towards the Australian-owned Panguna mine appears to be waning.

That hatred sparked a bloody civil war but now many believe the mine should be reopened to fund Bougainville's long-held desire for independence from PNG.

ABC’s PNG correspondent Liam Fox travelled to Panguna to file this report.

LIAM FOX: It's an eerie feeling looking down into the giant hole that was one of the world's biggest copper mines deep in the Bougainville jungle.

Scores of dump trucks are rusting away in the massive pit at the Panguna mine. The rest of the mine site is a post-apocalyptic landscape of corroding equipment, decaying buildings and scavengers cutting up scrap metal.

This was the epicentre of the civil war that gripped the island during much of the 1990s and left thousands dead from fighting, disease and malnutrition.

It was sparked by local landowners angry at the environmental impact of the mine and what they felt was the unfair distribution of royalties.

The remnants of the Bougainville Revolutionary Army, now called the Mekamui Defence Force, closed off the area to most outsiders.

But things are changing. For the first time polling booths have been allowed into the mine site so villagers can vote in elections for the Autonomous Bougainville Government or ABG.

Even foreign election observers have been allowed through the roadblock at Morgan Junction, the start of the no-go zone.

At a polling booth in the village of New Dapera Noah Toko is contesting one of the three seats set aside for ex-combatants in Bougainville's Parliament.

NOAH TOKO: You can see that a school is there and the people are here. They are trying to build up their new houses. In the war, there was none. Everybody just spread into the bush. So now we are coming back. So this is the sign of that business going right.

LIAM FOX: James Tanis is the incumbent ABG President and is hoping to retain his position. He helped convince the Mekamui Defence Force to sign a memorandum of understanding to open up Panguna.

JAMES TANIS: This is a very important sign that the peace process is working. In fact this is the most important achievement in this - on this peace process.

LIAM FOX: But this new openness could be short-lived. Mekamui's self-styled General Chris Uma says he made the agreement to open Panguna with James Tanis himself not the ABG.

If Mr Tanis is not re-elected as President, he says Panguna will be closed to the world once again.

CHRIS UMA: With no James Tanis I just walk away.

LIAM FOX: General Uma is an intimidating figure, solidly built with jagged, red-stained teeth from years of chewing betel nut. He also says he won't be giving up his weapons anytime soon.

Despite his stance, many of Panguna's traditional landowners say they now want to see the mine reopened. Chris Damana is the chairman of the Panguna Landowners Association.

CHRIS DAMANA: To enable Bougainville to get its own money, find its own funds and to run its own affairs. And we don't want to open other new mines because it's already destroyed the land.

LIAM FOX: He says a resumption of mining would depend on a new agreement being struck with Panguna's Australian owner Bougainville Copper Limited or BCL.

CHRIS DAMANA: The things that we want BCL to look on is the unpaid monies owed to Panguna landowners.

Secondly, because we are not part and parcel of that Bougainville copper agreement we want to be part of the new review of Bougainville copper agreement.

LIAM FOX: Under the Bougainville Peace Agreement that ended the civil war a referendum on independence is due to be held in the next five to ten years. One of the preconditions for the referendum is the island's economic viability.

Despite its blood-soaked history a growing number of people here see a reopened Panguna as essential to funding the island's independence from PNG.

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekroLocals support re-opening of Bougainville mine

18.05.10 08:34
VIDEO from Australia Network News

Last Updated: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:40:00 +1000

http://australianetworknews.com/stories/201005/2901659.htm?desktop  

382 Postings, 6342 Tage centwatchRT expects mined copper production to fall...

18.05.10 10:40
Na ich hätte schon eine Idee, wie man diese Lücke füllen könnte.....

By: Reuters
17th May 2010
TEXT SIZE

LONDON Miner Rio Tinto expects mined copper production to fall about 15% this year, mainly due to lower grades, an executive said on Monday.

Andrew Harding, chief executive of the group's copper unit, told Reuters Insider television mined copper output would fall to about 680 000 t in 2010 from 804 700 t last year.

Copper accounted for 32 percent of underlying earnings last year, making it the second most important division after iron ore.

The global copper market would likely see a small surplus this year, but the market balance would flip into a strong deficit in 2011, he said on the sidelines of the World Mining Investment Congress.
Edited by: Reuters  

15640 Postings, 6346 Tage nekro@upholm

18.05.10 13:14
How do you interpret the following extract from this story:

"Meanwhile, counting has ended in North Bougainville.
Counting in Kieta and most parts of Central Bougainville including all
parts of Buin, Siwai and Nagovis are expected to end today."

Also:
"Mr Mala said with the electronic system, counting will take about eight
to 10 days to complete."

It looks like we will have the results within 10 days.

A lot [including speed and action plan] depends on who is the new President.

Best wishes

Obwohl es in diesen Präsidentschaftswahlen keinen Mininggegner gibt so wäre es ein unbestreitbarer Vorteil für die Wiedereröffnung wenn James Tanis das Rennen macht.

Seine inzwischen erworbenen Kontakte mit PNG,Australien,BOC,Landeigner,Meekamuis etc stellen einen unschätzbaren Zeitvorsprung gegenüber den anderen Kandidaten dar.

Er wird wohl als erstes dafür sorgen dass die Landeignerwahl schnellstens über die Bühne geht,ein JSB Meeting terminieren auf dem der Miningpowertransfert,die Revision des BCA beschlossen werden sollte.
Als nächstes sollte dann BCL Zugang zur Mine erhalten.

Mann kann wohl davon ausgehen dass bei Erreichen dieser Meilensteine die Finanzcommunity so langsam (wieder) auf BOC aufmerksam wird und der Kurs in bedeutend höheren Regionen steht ;-)))))))))

PS:Laut einer Aussage von PT befindet sich noch eine Stockpile in Panguna,welche "sofort" ausgebeutet werden könnte u. für ca. 4-5 Jahre Produktion reicht.;-)))))))))  

Seite: < 1 | ... | 138 | 139 |
| 141 | 142 | ... 979  >  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben