Eröffnet am:05.12.06 17:52von: slashgoerdiAnzahl Beiträge:4.965
Neuester Beitrag:24.04.21 23:24von: Susanneavfw.Leser gesamt:413.115
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:90
Bewertet mit:

Seite: < 1 | ... | 85 | 86 | 87 |
| 89 | 90 | 91 | ... 159  >  

15640 Postings, 6353 Tage nekroHier....

17.12.10 15:15
....könnt ihr euch gerne austoben ;-)))))))))))))))))

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerWieso austoben

17.12.10 15:18
Wir posten nur etwas zum Thema.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXhttp://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/...9if-1225955956422

'Bogeys' running red hot

AND talking of hot mining stocks, Bougainville Copper shares have run up 29c or 20 per cent from $1.39 to $1.68 in the last two trading days. This is a company whose operations closed down 21 years ago in 1989 during a civil insurrection and whose controller Rio Tinto's chairman Paul Skinner made it clear at the May AGM that there were "no plans" to reopen the Panguna mine.

Rio owns 54 per cent of "Bogeys" and the PNG government, not universally adored on Bougainville, has another 19 per cent. There are however two other influences to consider. One is of course the burgeoning copper and gold prices and the other is the possibility that some resource-starved overseas (most particularly Chinese) player may take a different perspective on the risks involved.

There's a total resource there of 3.5 million tonnes of copper and 12.7 million ounces of gold. That said, there are reportedly six separate landowner associations that will need to be brought to common agreement before anyone starts spending the $US3-$US4bn required to get the mine back into production. The biggest passive shareholder we could track down was index-hugger Vanguard with 2 million shares or five per cent. They're clearly betting that one day it will be back in the major indices.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

2832 Postings, 5811 Tage Der_Pennystockzoc.Na, nekro.

17.12.10 15:18
was sagt dir dieser Chart...???

Nächstes Ziel 0,70.

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerInfo

17.12.10 15:19
Bougainviller Regierung rechnet kurzfristig mit Übertragung der Minenrechte :

Aus Post- Courier:

Thursday 11th November, 2010

New mine for B’ville

By GORETHY KENNETH

BOUGAINVILLE is bracing for a new mine opening once the mining powers are drawn down. And the Autonomous Bougainville Government is aware of the preparation that has been carried out by Bougainvilleans and their international partners to open and operate the mine between Tinputz and Wakunai once all the necessary criteria and legal papers are in place.
But the issue has not gone unchallenged – a petition has already been received from the regional women representative for central Bougainville Joan Jerome on behalf of the women of Kieta, Wakunai and Panguna.
The New Bougainville Mining Exploration Company is the company now under scrutiny.
The ABG has set up a committee to investigate the nature of the petition in particular, every aspect of the company including its foreign partner, to assess the situation and verify if the rights of the Wakunai people, including access and the benefit sharing, exploitation of natural resources, ownership, recognition of traditional ways, uses, customary laws as well as benefits to the eco-system are considered, and how major impact projects will affect the eco-systems of the Wakunai area.
ABG Speaker Andrew Miriki in his members’ update said that the ABG’s Parliamentary Sectoral and Advisory committee on Economic Development, Natural Resources and Taxation, set up to immediately address the issue of this new mining company will soon publish its terms of reference before the committee resumes the inquiry.
The committee, chaired by the ABG Atolls MP Frank Pasini Marena, held its first meeting last week  

15640 Postings, 6353 Tage nekro#2178

17.12.10 15:25
.... entweder wird die 1,30 nochmal (oder auch 2x ;-))) getestet bevor es auf die 1,50 geht (u. darüber ;-))))))))))))))))

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.Minningerinfo

17.12.10 15:26
Papua New Guinea hopes to reopen Bougainville copper mine by 2012
Two decades after secessionist violence closed it, the country hopes to reopen the mine and to play a bigger role in global copper market, its prime minister said.

Author: Jim Regan (Reuters)
Posted:  Monday , 06 Dec 2010
SYDNEY (Reuters) -  

Papua New Guinea hopes to reopen its huge Bougainville copper mine by 2012, two decades after secessionist violence forced it to close, and to play a bigger role in world copper markets, the nation's prime minister said on Monday.

"We could see the reopening of Bougainville at a cost of about $4 billion," Prime Minister Michael Somare told a Papua New Guinea investment conference in Sydney.

Papua New Guinea regularly talks up the prospect of the Bougainville mine reopening, but industry analysts now take this possibility more seriously, given rising investor confidence in the country and surging demand for the metal from Asia.

Bougainville's secessionist movement has also faded away.

"PNG is in the throes of becoming a major world supplier of copper," Somare told the conference, which serves as a regular investment roadshow for the country with Australian financiers.

In 1990, miner RTZ (now Rio Tinto ) closed the mine, one of the world's richest copper deposits, after angry villagers attacked workers and sabotaged mine operations.

World copper demand, especially from China, now represents an unprecedented opportunity for Bougainville, said Greg Anderson, head of Papua New Guinea's Chamber of Mines and Petroleum.

"There is a real appetite to get Bougainville up and running again as soon as possible," he told Reuters.

Copper on the London Metal Exchange fetches about $8,700 a tonne and gold $1,400 an ounce compared with $3,000 for copper and $450 for gold when the mine was abandoned.

The dormant, open-cut mine is owned by Bougainville Copper Ltd , which has retained its Australian stock-market listing. It in turn is owned 53.58 percent by Rio Tinto.

The stock firmed 0.6 percent to A$1.71 in afternoon trade, in a flat overall market.

The Bougainville rebellion was the longest-running conflict in the South Pacific, lasting 12 years from 1989 and leaving a death toll ranging from an official few hundred to a rebel tally of an estimated 15,000.

The rebellion fizzled out after a peace treaty was signed in 2001. Several of the key secessionist leaders have also died.

Rio Tinto has said that waste-disposal arrangements and funding would need to be addressed before restarting operations.

The mine has potential to annually produce 200,000 tonnes of copper and 400,000 ounces of gold, making it larger than BHP Billiton's Olympic Dam mine in Australia, the world's fourth-largest known copper deposit.

Sources familiar with the project said Rio Tinto had applied to the Papua New Guinea government for a fresh 21-year lease over the mine, known as Panguna.

But a Rio Tinto spokeswoman said Bougainville Copper did not have a timetable for reactivating the mine.

"There is a formal peace process underway and we are participating in that," she said.

Under the peace treaty, with granted autonomy to Bougainville island, the local government was expected to hold an independence referendum within 15 years, but there have been no more moves towards such a vote in recent years.

Papua New Guinea is rich in resources but has often struggled to exploit them due to endemic corruption, land ownership issues and poor infrastructure.

But investor confidence has been growing, culminating in oil giant ExxonMobil's recent decision to develop a $15 billion liquefied natural gas project in the country.

London-listed miner Xstrata Plc is also set to conclude a study in 2012 over development of its Frieda copper mine. The mine could yield 260,000 tonnes of copper and 390,000 ounces of gold a year in its first seven years.

(Additional reporting by Bruce Hextall; Editing by Mark Bendeich)

© Thomson Reuters 2010 All  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerLand owners

17.12.10 15:28
Heute, 14:52
Is it really clear to everybody what this special Panguna landowner meeting could mean????http://www.hotcopper.com.au/...id=1&tid=1297493&msgid=7313366

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/...id=1&tid=1298516&msgid=7313393

re: special panguna landowner meeting
Forum: ASX - By Stock (Back)
Code: BOC - BOUGAINVILLE COPPER LIMITED ( $1.33 | Price Chart | Announcements | Google BOC)

Is it really clear to everybody what this special Panguna landowner meeting could mean????

It could mean that one of the world?s largest gold and copper mine could awake from a 21 year lasting hibernation!!!

If landowners at this meeting agree and hold elections shortly afterwards then only one meeting between the government of PNG and AGB is necessary to launch an official invitation to Bougainville Copper to renegotiate the Bougainville Copper Agreement in my opinion.

And does everybody know what this means????

Bougainville Copper will make a big announcement!!!
But not only Bougainville Copper! It will most likely also be its parent company Rio Tinto!! I will make a bet the news "Panguna mine to be reopened" will make it on the cover page of the FT or the WSJ!!!

And you know what will happen then???? Especially if you keep in mind that less then 30% are in free-float?????

This share will rise like Phoenix out of the ashes!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the chart, it seems like first investors start smelling the rat, but in my eyes it is still not too late.

So let?s keep fingers crossed for Nov 13/14.  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerMining Coppers

17.12.10 15:29
http://www.hotcopper.com.au/...id=1&tid=1297493&msgid=7313366

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/...id=1&tid=1298516&msgid=7313393

re: special panguna landowner meeting (centwatch)
Forum: ASX - By Stock (Back)
Code: BOC - BOUGAINVILLE COPPER LIMITED ( $1.33 | Price Chart | Announcements | Google BOC)

Is it really clear to everybody what this special Panguna landowner meeting could mean????

It could mean that one of the world?s largest gold and copper mine could awake from a 21 year lasting hibernation!!!

If landowners at this meeting agree and hold elections shortly afterwards then only one meeting between the government of PNG and AGB is necessary to launch an official invitation to Bougainville Copper to renegotiate the Bougainville Copper Agreement in my opinion.

And does everybody know what this means????

Bougainville Copper will make a big announcement!!!
But not only Bougainville Copper! It will most likely also be its parent company Rio Tinto!! I will make a bet the news "Panguna mine to be reopened" will make it on the cover page of the FT or the WSJ!!!

And you know what will happen then???? Especially if you keep in mind that less then 30% are in free-float?????

This share will rise like Phoenix out of the ashes!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the chart, it seems like first investors start smelling the rat, but in my eyes it is still not too late.

So let?s keep fingers crossed for Nov 13/14.

Let this dream become true!  

15640 Postings, 6353 Tage nekroDann......

17.12.10 15:31
.....solltest du jetzt wo du es weisst, auch schnellstens einsteigen wenn du dich für den Jackpot in 2012 noch qualifizieren willst. ;-)))))))))))))))

Die meisten der hier investierten sind mittlerweile schon 400% im + aber auch Spätzünder haben noch eine Chance auf +1000% ;-)))))))))))))

2832 Postings, 5811 Tage Der_Pennystockzoc.+++ RT 1,121 +++ -- 9,52 %

17.12.10 15:32
Ein tiefroter Tag...

Gru$$
Der Pennystockzocker

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerHabe meine 600 %

17.12.10 15:33
bei Prodacta schon hinter mr.  

2832 Postings, 5811 Tage Der_Pennystockzoc.#2184 Deine DUMMPUSH-Parolen

17.12.10 15:33
glaubst du doch selbst nicht... LOL

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerBougan. Mining

17.12.10 15:34
The sign on the Wall also said it all.;-))))))))))

http://bougainville.typepad.com/newdawn/

Dass Präsident Momis vor der chinesischen Handelskammer offen über das BCA Review spricht kann wohl nur bedeuten dass in vorangegangenen Gesprächen über die Pangunamine bzw. BOC gesprochen wurde. ))))))))))))

Danach werden die Bougainviller aufgefordert Ackerbau u. Viehzuchtprodukte herzustellen um damit die BOC Kantinen zu beliefern,ganz so als ob die Mine schon eröffnet wäre.Hier bekommt quasi jeder B´viller SOFORT einen Job,ging doch zu BCL Zeiten die gesamte Inselproduktion integral an die BOC Kantinen wobei nicht mal die Hälfte des Bedarfs damit gedeckt werden konnte.Details dazu findet man in dem Buch Bougainville-Establishment of a Copper Mine welches auf der ESBC oder FOB HP gedownloaded werden kann.

President JOHN MOMIS wants the people of Bougainville to engage themselves in worthwhile projects which would be available under this arrangement.

He says that he wants Bougainville Businessmen and women to start thinking of animal husbandry and other Agricultural projects like Pineaple and fruits in preparation for the opening of the Panguna mine.

He said under the Bougainville Copper Agreement Review they want to see that all fruits and vegetables and potatoes that can be grown in the mountains of Wakunai and Bougainville are sold to the company and not imported from outside.

Pictured is the Special Envoy for Foreign Affairs and Trade for the Pacific States being presented the PNG Emblem by ABG President John Momis  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerNew Hopes

17.12.10 15:35
Papua New Guinea hopes to reopen Bougainville copper mine by 2012
Two decades after secessionist violence closed it, the country hopes to reopen the mine and to play a bigger role in global copper market, its prime minister said.

Author: Jim Regan (Reuters)
Posted:  Monday , 06 Dec 2010
SYDNEY (Reuters) -  

Papua New Guinea hopes to reopen its huge Bougainville copper mine by 2012, two decades after secessionist violence forced it to close, and to play a bigger role in world copper markets, the nation's prime minister said on Monday.

"We could see the reopening of Bougainville at a cost of about $4 billion," Prime Minister Michael Somare told a Papua New Guinea investment conference in Sydney.

Papua New Guinea regularly talks up the prospect of the Bougainville mine reopening, but industry analysts now take this possibility more seriously, given rising investor confidence in the country and surging demand for the metal from Asia.

Bougainville's secessionist movement has also faded away.

"PNG is in the throes of becoming a major world supplier of copper," Somare told the conference, which serves as a regular investment roadshow for the country with Australian financiers.

In 1990, miner RTZ (now Rio Tinto ) closed the mine, one of the world's richest copper deposits, after angry villagers attacked workers and sabotaged mine operations.

World copper demand, especially from China, now represents an unprecedented opportunity for Bougainville, said Greg Anderson, head of Papua New Guinea's Chamber of Mines and Petroleum.

"There is a real appetite to get Bougainville up and running again as soon as possible," he told Reuters.

Copper on the London Metal Exchange fetches about $8,700 a tonne and gold $1,400 an ounce compared with $3,000 for copper and $450 for gold when the mine was abandoned.

The dormant, open-cut mine is owned by Bougainville Copper Ltd , which has retained its Australian stock-market listing. It in turn is owned 53.58 percent by Rio Tinto.

The stock firmed 0.6 percent to A$1.71 in afternoon trade, in a flat overall market.

The Bougainville rebellion was the longest-running conflict in the South Pacific, lasting 12 years from 1989 and leaving a death toll ranging from an official few hundred to a rebel tally of an estimated 15,000.

The rebellion fizzled out after a peace treaty was signed in 2001. Several of the key secessionist leaders have also died.

Rio Tinto has said that waste-disposal arrangements and funding would need to be addressed before restarting operations.

The mine has potential to annually produce 200,000 tonnes of copper and 400,000 ounces of gold, making it larger than BHP Billiton's Olympic Dam mine in Australia, the world's fourth-largest known copper deposit.

Sources familiar with the project said Rio Tinto had applied to the Papua New Guinea government for a fresh 21-year lease over the mine, known as Panguna.

But a Rio Tinto spokeswoman said Bougainville Copper did not have a timetable for reactivating the mine.

"There is a formal peace process underway and we are participating in that," she said.

Under the peace treaty, with granted autonomy to Bougainville island, the local government was expected to hold an independence referendum within 15 years, but there have been no more moves towards such a vote in recent years.

Papua New Guinea is rich in resources but has often struggled to exploit them due to endemic corruption, land ownership issues and poor infrastructure.

But investor confidence has been growing, culminating in oil giant ExxonMobil's recent decision to develop a $15 billion liquefied natural gas project in the country.

London-listed miner Xstrata Plc is also set to conclude a study in 2012 over development of its Frieda copper mine. The mine could yield 260,000 tonnes of copper and 390,000 ounces of gold a year in its first seven years.

(Additional reporting by Bruce Hextall; Editing by Mark Bendeich)

© Thomson Reuters 2010 All  

2832 Postings, 5811 Tage Der_Pennystockzoc.#2186

17.12.10 15:36
Ich hatte in diesem Jahr 6  x mehr als 1000% und zwar realisiert!
Da freut sich das Jungchen nekro sich über 400%, die noch unrealsiert sind und immer mehr zusammenschmelzen. Heute wieder 10% runter...

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerHopes for land Owners

17.12.10 15:36
MP wants Panguna mine re-opened

Bougainville Affairs MP Fidelis Semoso has met with Panguna landowners (PLA) and others from other Bougainville copper lease areas in Port Moresby.
He reiterated his call to see an impact project get off the ground for Bougainville, a project that will “create employment for our youth, rebuild our schools and health services but most importantly boost the economy of the region”.
He made it clear that he wanted the Panguna mine re-opened at the earliest opportunity.
This means that he wants to see the Bougain-ville Copper Agreement (BCA) review fast tracked.
He said he is committed to assisting the Panguna landowners get themselves organised.
He has directed Lawrence Daveona to arrange for landowner representatives from each of the six mine lease areas to come to Buka for two days of consultation with him to tell him what they want.
He told the landowners present at the meeting that he does not want to waste time, saying that Panguna landowners’ issues had been there before the crisis and are still there and no one has really attended to them.
With the BCA review, Panguna landowners are the major stake holders.
He maintained that the problem is not the Bougainville people but “us the elected leaders of Bougainville”, both the ABG and the National Government.
Mr Semososaid during his travels throughout the island he has found out that the general feeling is that the Panguna mine must be re-opened and that there is no other way for Bougainville to move forward.
He challenged the landowners to give him tangible project submissions to push through the Government system for funding.
The landowners in turn assured him that he will be getting project submissions soon  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerOlder Info

17.12.10 15:38
The sign on the Wall also said it all.;-))))))))))

http://bougainville.typepad.com/newdawn/

Dass Präsident Momis vor der chinesischen Handelskammer offen über das BCA Review spricht kann wohl nur bedeuten dass in vorangegangenen Gesprächen über die Pangunamine bzw. BOC gesprochen wurde. ))))))))))))

Danach werden die Bougainviller aufgefordert Ackerbau u. Viehzuchtprodukte herzustellen um damit die BOC Kantinen zu beliefern,ganz so als ob die Mine schon eröffnet wäre.Hier bekommt quasi jeder B´viller SOFORT einen Job,ging doch zu BCL Zeiten die gesamte Inselproduktion integral an die BOC Kantinen wobei nicht mal die Hälfte des Bedarfs damit gedeckt werden konnte.Details dazu findet man in dem Buch Bougainville-Establishment of a Copper Mine welches auf der ESBC oder FOB HP gedownloaded werden kann.

President JOHN MOMIS wants the people of Bougainville to engage themselves in worthwhile projects which would be available under this arrangement.

He says that he wants Bougainville Businessmen and women to start thinking of animal husbandry and other Agricultural projects like Pineaple and fruits in preparation for the opening of the Panguna mine.

He said under the Bougainville Copper Agreement Review they want to see that all fruits and vegetables and potatoes that can be grown in the mountains of Wakunai and Bougainville are sold to the company and not imported from outside.

Pictured is the Special Envoy for Foreign Affairs and Trade for the Pacific States being presented the PNG Emblem by ABG President John Momis  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerJames Jr.

17.12.10 15:40
Source: Post-Courier

Togel laid to rest in Buka

BOUGAINVILLE leaders finally laid one of the region’s former leaders - James Togel to rest at his wife’s Malis village, Gogohe over the weekend.
ABG President John Momis missed the burial on Saturday afternoon because he had to travel to Port Moresby to meet with the Prime Minister Sir Michael Somare.
But ABG leaders and the Bougainville Administrator Lawrence Disin and his executives were present. Togel’s life history was cited again at Gogohe for the public and his people to hear-the fact that he was instrumental in successfully setting up 40 provincial governments in Bougainville and how he was so particular about the leadership of Bougainville.
He is survived by wife Juliana, daughters Nelia and Juliet and son James Jr.  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerPräsident Momis

17.12.10 15:42
27th October 2010
Bougainville delegation departs for China
By REUBEN KALAUNG

A delegation of over thirty Bougainvilleans departed for China today. It was led by the Autonomous Bougainville Government President Chief John Momis.
Delegation von 30 Personen reist unter Leitung von Präsident Momis nach China.
Nachfolgender Text lässt vermuten, das ein Grund für die Reise eine Beteiligung Chinas an der Wiedereröffnung der Pangunamine ist!

The delegation is on a mission to source better markets in China for various agriculture and marine commodities for the region. The bulk of travel expenses was met the PNG Embassy in China.

The delegation comprised members from the Autonomous Bougainville Government, the region’s administration, and the private sector. A few businessmen financed their own travel across to China.

Businessman and media owner Aloysius Laukai says the trip will be of great help to ordinary people in the region as sourcing better markets was high on the agenda.

The Bougainville region will also be promoted as the next best holiday destination for tourism activities.

Posted at 05:04 PM | Permalink  

2832 Postings, 5811 Tage Der_Pennystockzoc.Löschung

17.12.10 15:43

Moderation
Zeitpunkt: 17.12.10 16:14
Aktion: Löschung des Beitrages
Kommentar: Unterstellung

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerPanganua Owners

17.12.10 15:44
Semoso wants to see the Panguna mine to re-open soon!

On Wednesday, Fidelis Semoso, the Papua New Guinea Minister for Bougainville Affairs met with Panguna Landowners (PLA) and Landowners from other Bougainville Copper lease areas in Port Moresby. He reiterated his stand on wanting to see an impact project get off the ground for the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, a project that will “create employment for our youth, rebuild our schools and health services but most importantly boost the economy of the region”. In this respect he made his previous stand clear that he will want to see the Panguna mine re-open at the earliest opportunity. This means that he wants to see the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA) review fast tracked. To this end he is committed to assisting the Panguna landowners to get them organized.

In this regard the Minister has directed to Lawrence Daveona to arrange for PLA representatives from each of the six mine lease areas to come to Buka for two days of consultation with him to tell him what they want.

He told the landowners who were present to the meeting that he does not waste time saying that Panguna landowner's issue has been there before the crisis and is still there and no one has really attended to them. With the BCA review Panguna landowners are the major stake holders. He maintains that the problem is not “our Bougainville people” but “us the elected leaders of Bougainville”, whether it is ABG or the National Government or both.

Semoso commented further that during his travels through out the island he has found out that the general feeling is that Panguna mine must be re-open, there is no other way for Bougainville to move forward. The Minister concluded his remarks to those of the landowners representing the mine leases by challenging them to give him tangible project submissions to push through the Government system for funding. To this effect the landowners assured him that he will be getting these soon.

He also was already given the cost estimates for this first meeting that he wants to have in Buka.

www.bougainville-copper.eu  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerBouganville Future

17.12.10 15:51
A year of progress for Bougainville
Copper 2010 is proving to be another
year of positive development leading to
the re-commencement of operations at the
Panguna mine, owned and previously
operated by Bougainville Copper Limited.
With copper reserves estimated at almost
3 million tonnes and gold production in
the range of 400,000 ounces per annum,
Panguna is one of the world&#145;s largest
potential producers of both metals.
Unexplored neighbouring tenements are
also very prospective, and will be
explored when a moratorium on
exploration is lifted. Present market
values for both copper and gold are
significantly higher than at the time of
mine closure in 1990. The political
situation within the Autonomous
Bougainville Region has stabilised, and
there is considerable appetite for
development being expressed by the
people. BCL is seen by many as the
preferred operator of a re-started mine,
and holds a very large bank of mine
data. The Board is operating a
comprehensive rolling plan with the
vision of returning to active
exploration and profitable mining.
Recent events In July, BCL offered its
congratulations to the newly elected
President of the Autonomous Bougainville
Region, John Momis, and assured him of
the company&#145;s willingness to contribute
in appropriate ways to economic
development in the region, to the
benefit of the people of Bougainville
and the company&#145;s shareholders.
President Momis has indicated his
preparedness to see the Panguna mine
re-opened, with BCL as operator,
provided the assent and involvement of
local landowners is achieved. The
President has further said that it was
his belief that landowners at Panguna
and elsewhere were generally committed
to the re-start process. It is expected
that the Bougainville Copper Agreement
re-negotiation will be actively pursued
towards the end of 2010, with all sides
committed to making significant
progress. At the August meeting of the
Joint Supervisory Body, principal agency
implementing the Bougainville Peace
Process, re-negotiation of the BCA was
placed on the formal agenda, for
immediate progress. If the main
stakeholders are to gain mutual economic
benefit from Bougainville's mineral
potential a framework such as a
re-negotiated BCA needs to be in place.
Variations in copper and gold prices
indicate that opportunities need to be
taken up without undue delay. Positive
factors Work continued evaluating the
comprehensive Order of Magnitude study
commissioned by BCL in 2008. The OOM
Study makes assumptions about the size
of a re-started mining operation, based
on a re-processing of the data base, and
taking into account the existing assets
including the port at Loloho and the
port-mine access road. An important
component in achieving the vision will
be an environmental plan that is not
only based on best practice but also
meets the expectations of the local
community. Work will continue to
identify the key issues and solutions.
Secure access to the mine site and
surrounding areas of previous operations
will be welcomed, to assist the
environmental assessment and future
planning. The company has made known to
both the Autonomous Bougainville
Government and the National Government
of Papua New Guinea its willingness to
conduct safety and environmental audits
on the island as soon as access can be
facilitated. Other issues Other issues
in focus include the resolution of a
taxation issue, and a mine asset stock
take. Existing mine assets have not
until now been accessible to the
company, and to understand the present
value of these assets and the extent to
which they may be used for future mining
and exploration, access to the mine site
is needed. For this BCL welcomes the
support expressed by local landowners
and will continue to work alongside
them, and give practical assistance to
the processes of reconciliation and
social stability. BCL welcomes the
growing consensus of landowner support
for resumed exploration and mining,
expressed in regular dialogue with
landowner leaders. During the year more
work has been undertaken in preparation
for the possible lifting of the
moratorium on new exploration and
mining. It is intended to identify
targets within the company licences and
how best to manage an exploration
program. That may involve entering into
an exploration agreement with others.
Work will also continue to ensure that
the extensive mine database is able to
be utilised quickly and effectively if a
return to mining at Panguna is agreed.
BCL works closely with the PNG Mineral
Resources Authority (MRA), which acts as
a statutory authority managing and
regulating the industry. The company
expects that the Authority will play an
active and guiding role in facilitating
the Bougainville Copper Agreement
re-negotiation, and a number of studies
will be undertaken in preparation for
negotiations. The company is also in
regular touch with the National
Government of Papua New Guinea at a high
level. The second half of 2010 The
company remains focussed on preparing
for a formal engagement with landowners
and the National and Bougainville
Government over the future of the mine
and settling all outstanding issues
between the parties. The Autonomous
Bougainville Government and the body
representing the PNG National Government
on Bougainville Affairs have indicated
their willingness to participate in such
talks. All parties have agreed that it
is necessary to maintain a landowner
group that can represent all landowner
interests during negotiations. The
Bougainville Government is taking the
lead and the company has offered its
assistance where appropriate.
Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) is
owned 53.58% by Rio Tinto Limited. The
Papua New Guinea Government owns 19.06%
while public shareholders hold the
remaining 27.36% of the share capital.  

15640 Postings, 6353 Tage nekroGRINS

17.12.10 15:53
Ladet ihr so euren Frust ab weil der Stolberger Dummpush nicht funktioniert ;-)))))))))

Wenn ich die Hektik so betrachte muss sich ja allerhand aufgestaut haben lol

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.Minninger

17.12.10 15:55
Bei den Pennies läuft heute nichts.

War mal ein kleiner Spass.

Alle User Kannst Du im anderen Sräd nicht aussperren.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))  

17627 Postings, 5632 Tage M.MinningerBougan

17.12.10 15:56
Semoso wants to see the Panguna mine to re-open soon!

On Wednesday, Fidelis Semoso, the Papua New Guinea Minister for Bougainville Affairs met with Panguna Landowners (PLA) and Landowners from other Bougainville Copper lease areas in Port Moresby. He reiterated his stand on wanting to see an impact project get off the ground for the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, a project that will “create employment for our youth, rebuild our schools and health services but most importantly boost the economy of the region”. In this respect he made his previous stand clear that he will want to see the Panguna mine re-open at the earliest opportunity. This means that he wants to see the Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA) review fast tracked. To this end he is committed to assisting the Panguna landowners to get them organized.

In this regard the Minister has directed to Lawrence Daveona to arrange for PLA representatives from each of the six mine lease areas to come to Buka for two days of consultation with him to tell him what they want.

He told the landowners who were present to the meeting that he does not waste time saying that Panguna landowner's issue has been there before the crisis and is still there and no one has really attended to them. With the BCA review Panguna landowners are the major stake holders. He maintains that the problem is not “our Bougainville people” but “us the elected leaders of Bougainville”, whether it is ABG or the National Government or both.  

Seite: < 1 | ... | 85 | 86 | 87 |
| 89 | 90 | 91 | ... 159  >  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben